Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did very well today on yellow perch at a popular tributary to the lower Potomac, just south of 301. I was fishing from the western shore amongst half a dozen or so other bank fishermen. Everyone ignored the posted signs but the "man" stopped by and paid us all a visit. Let me go with a warning thankfully. Too bad too because there was a really nice perch hole over there. Most of the fish were about 6-7 inches but I did manage one almost 12 inches! Pink marabou 1/32oz jig under a large strike indicator did the trick. I don't think I saw anyone else catch anything. ONe thing I might have been doing differently was fishing the shallow water close to shore as close to woody debris as I could. Often fish were hugging the shore but other times they were out about 20 feet. Good fun.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
245 Posts
ST,

Glad to hear reports starting again.
I work on 301 on the east side near the river, glad to hear its started. :fishing2:

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, east side is good to go and a good launch spot but you have to drive down a gravel road that has pot holes in it large enough to eat a VW.

Even better place to launch the yak is just east of the bridge adjacent to the eastbound lane. Looks to be a few feet deep there.

I saw one guy launch a 10' jon boat off the gravel road and another yak take out right next to the road.

I'm sure there are pickeral in there too but I didn't catch any.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts