Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to take my kids and nephew fishing on my brother's boat. I'm trying to decide between trolling in the Bay or perching on the Severn oyster reefs. The latter would be better for the kids. Have any of you had any luck bottom fishing on the Severn reefs and/or Tolly/Hackets?

·
Premium Member
26,271 Posts
Likely still early for Hacketts - especially this year with extra cold winter. I look for Perch off Hacketts around the time Blue Angels fly - sometimes get a few.

By mid June - it's good.

Shhhh - there have been some nice Rock caught just east of Hacketts can on FRESH cut Menhaden - fished near or on bottom.

As for reefs - might be Perch on them - again water temp. might still be cold though. Might want to try along shorelines that get a lot of sun ( warmer water ) - then slowly work to deeper areas. I like old railroad bridge - you can start at shore and go deeper but be over structure the entire time.

Since torn down - many have forgotten about this spot.

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. We didn't have much luck, but didn't try very hard, either. Lots and lots of marks in the deep channel between the bridge and RB. I suspect a lot of that is menhaden, gizzard shad, herring, etc. The mouth of the Severn also had a lot of interesting marks....possibly small-medium stripers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts