Tidal Fish Forum banner

Permanent poly fuel tanks

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  miner setback 
#1 ·
I recently repowered with twin yamaha hpdi 150 hp, Since the introduction of ethanol fuel . I bought the engines right about the same time. I have had nothing but problems with the internal filters it has been to the shop 6 times.What I'm getting is a very fine white powder that clogs everything up this powder passes right thru my main 10 micrn filters. I have been advised that I have an internal corrosive problem and that the powder is actually aluminum, I have deceided to change out both fuel tanks 2 80gal tanks and I'm looking to use poly as I hope it is somewhat cheaper than stainless does any body know of a company that sells them and an approx price :helpsmilie:

#4 ·
I have a single 110 gal poly tank in my boat that was built earlier this year. Also, My father has two 55 gal poly tanks in his boat (2001) Judge. Call over to Judge Yachts when they open just after the new year and ask Bill what tanks he uses. I have no sloshing issues or gas odor issues as sometimes noted with poly tanks. Good luck!

#5 ·
my 1986 coastal came with an alum. tank but wellcraft had leak issues and it was replaced with a 185 gal. poly tank now i guess is older then 10 years old.i have no issues with it no fume smell,or sloshing issues as far as i can tell.i lifted the deck before to mount a rocket launcher and i could stand on the tank with no flexing that i ccould feel.thinking of adding 2 saddle tanks and if i do theyll be poly

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.