Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beautiful day on the water, and working the past two saturdays made it even nicer. But the best part about it was the new Ipilot Trolling Motor. That thing is sweet. Fished about 5 hours and managed 20-25 crappie. Most of them were alittle short for me to keep. Managed about 6 or seven over ten inches with the biggest being 12.25". The water looked pretty good with good clarity. Temps were anywhere from 55 to 58 degrees. Caught fish in 20 fow 6 to 8 feet deep and in 10 fow 4 to 8 feet deep.

Tootsie Roll

·
Registered
340 Posts
good job. its nice to get reports from waters that were not fishing. do you ever fish the yopien ? i know i spelled it wrong. its the river past the perquimans. the reason i ask is i have bass fished them all. but have never crappie fished them. one of these days gonna find out from c/f and try for some of them big white perch. i always said the back of the creeks look really good. good report. tite lines JIM.B

·
Registered
839 Posts
Good report, always fun trying out new gadgets (TMs, DFs, GPS) If i ever do splurge to buy a new trolling motor the primary reason would be for the remote so I can longline. other than that I like my cable foot control MK

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jim, I've personnally never fished the Yeopim. But I know a lot of folks that do. Its just so much easier fishing here near home. The ramps at the Yeopim are few and far between. I do a lot of white and yellow perch fishing here on the Perquimans. I have talked to a few folks that Crappie fish the Yeopim, but not many. It isn't a real long river, and during the warmer months, I think the traffic around there is pretty bad. Maybe one day I'll venture that way and try to catch something.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Jim, I've personnally never fished the Yeopim. But I know a lot of folks that do. Its just so much easier fishing here near home. The ramps at the Yeopim are few and far between. I do a lot of white and yellow perch fishing here on the Perquimans. I have talked to a few folks that Crappie fish the Yeopim, but not many. It isn't a real long river, and during the warmer months, I think the traffic around there is pretty bad. Maybe one day I'll venture that way and try to catch something.
Glad You had a good day TR! Sounds like that trolling motor is the deal. Got a buddy who will be fishing over there for a couple days later in the week. Wish I could go but just started breaking corn land a couple days ago. Its wide open now.

Jimb, there is good white perch, crappie fishing at Yeopim at times. You are only a mile or two from my farm as the crow flies when You are on that river. I was thinking of going there on my next outing. Whenever that is.CF

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
CF, after what I saw when I woke up, looks like the next day or two may be it. More rain, perfect. I have two and half acres to grade and can't get it to dry up long enough. The wait for the Trolling Motor was a long and hard one, but well worth the time and money. I can't wait for the fishing to turn on. I have to play softball in VA Saturday, but hopefully Sunday morning I will be out and about. Got a put a few more hurdles out and see if anything has moved in on the first three.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts