Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished this a.m. and enjoyed the weather. Temps were nice and the wind was almost nonexistent.... for a change. Caught lots of fish, anywhere from 5 to 20FOW. Fish were 2 feet deep to about 10. They bit all different colors but chartreuse seemed to be the most prevalent. Most of the fish were small though. Only a few over 8 inches and none over 12 or so inches. Managed one 16.5 inch rock. Had to throw him back, but he put up a heck of a fight. The third crappie I caught, when I was reeling him in, the next line over went slack. Thought I had snagged the line. Low and behold, the fish had two jigs in his mouth, one hooked on each side. Guess he was hungry and I wasn't paying enough attention. Most of the fish I caught were on tandem rigs. Water temp was almost 61* when I got there and 65* when I left.

CF, the jigs are awesome. Nice colors. I'll be getting in touch with you soon!

Tootsie Roll

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ed, I was Longlining. But the majority of the fish I caught were close to the back of the boat. Like I told you before, I run both 1/8th and 1/16th ounce jigs to keep lines from tangling. And this week I tied tandem rigs on the 1/8th ounce rods(one 1/8th ounce jig and one 1/16th ounce jig with the heavier jig being on the shorter dropper). Ran those out the back about 10 or 20 feet and that's where I got most of my bites. Trolled between .9 and 1.1 mph. The fastest speeds were for the shallower water. The small fish I caught were where I had been catching some nicer fish. I'm thinking the bigger females may have moved up in the shallows. I like the spider rigging, but with longlining I can cover so much more water this time of year to try and find em.

Tootsie Roll

1 - 5 of 5 Posts