Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We moved into Lake Barcroft in Falls Church last month and my father in law and I went down to one of the beaches this afternoon to wet a line. Second cast and this pig hits the Rebel crawdad in about three feet of water. My biggest lmb ever! :D Andy

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Nice Bucketmouth
Did he think he was trying to cammo himself so you wouldn't find him

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had to drag'em thru the muck to get him to shore! Haven't fresh water fished in a couple of years and wasn't expecting to catch anything so it suprised the heck out of me!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Congratulations. That's a nice fish. I got my biggest bass when I was 9 years old and haven't broke the record yet! Crazy to get a bass that size in water that shallow this time of year. Sweet!

·
Premium Member
26,107 Posts
Where's the stripes ? :D That is a real fatso :clapping2: - congrats :thumbup:.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Nice fish Andy. I lived in that area for the last five years, but just moved to Arlington. I guess I should have wet a line more often in the lake.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
My best friends wife grew up on Lake Barcroft and we have fished it since the 80s and have had some great luck there. Her folks had a waterfront house with a dock and 2 boats. Sadly they moved 4 yaers ago,and their house was torn down for a new mansion.
Congrats on a great fish.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the kind words, it was quite the suprise to get a hit like that! And apologies for not mentioning that it is a private lake.
Tight lines - Andy

·
Registered
230 Posts
I just didn't want anyone to waste their time by going and finding out the hard way. I worked there for 4 summers and if the guards are doing their job they will turn you away without a pass.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts