Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished for three hours east of 42 Wednesday. Could not keep the big croakers off my flounder rigs. Finally gave up, got out the 8lb test and had fun catching 17" croakers non stop until I got tired of the whole thing. They hit everything including shrimp, squid and bloodworm Fishbites. I could have filled the entire cockpit with fish. Kept a few to fillet. I only heard of two flounder being caught. It was so hot, I packed up at one and headed back to Locklies as the flood current was starting. Maybe those who stayed later did better on the flounder.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Thanks for the report - no shortage of Croakers over there, fo sho. Just a shortage of fluke!!

I think we'll try "trolling the ba" some this weekend; water temp. should be getting right for some spanish possibly (a little early, though) , and taylor blues should be there. We tired of burnin' all dat fuel fo some croakers all the way over to the other side....aye...aye.

We are always able to change our minds, though, just let the water tell you what to do..........

·
Registered
512 Posts
Warren Im talking to my flounder trips now and will proably have to do some switching over to some other kind of trip unless the bite picks up fast. We burned up the blues Tues a week ago between the Spike ad Stingray on our way over to the cell so there in just have to find them.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I made one pass on the Rapp side of Windmill Bar yesterday morning looking for some bluefish to use as flouder bait. Trolled a silver Clark spoon on a #1 planner. Nada.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts