Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read the Sunday Capital this morning. There was an article in there stating PETA wants to rename all fish "Sea Kittens". They are trying to convince people that fish are sensitive, caring and develop relationships with each other. WHAT??? Someone needs to go check these people out because they must have one big stash of weed or drugs in their offices. Last time I checked, the only relationship a blue fish, tuna, shark, walleye, bass, crappie, etc have is to eat one another for survival.

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
Yeah, even fish of the same species will eat each other. PETA is over the top.

-JB

·
Registered
902 Posts
Yea, I read that this morning.

What a joke, :roflguy:

"Sea Kittens"

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
The best part is that domesticated cats are responsible for the second most extinctions in history (you can likely guess the first) . . . from a biologist / conservationist standpoint, domesticated cats are one of the most evil, destructive creatures ever and these jokers want to equate fish with them. Really, it is an insult to fish. Those people are not only nuts, they are dumb and have no real interest in helping the environment in any way.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I thought you guys were Joking until I went to the peta web site.

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.:eek:

Here are some PETA fish facts:

"A University of Edinburgh study found that sea kittens can retain information that they learned up to 11 months earlier, which makes them cuter and smarter than the president of the United States! "
"Like their surface-dwelling cousins, the land kittens, sea kittens enjoy being petted. Their lack of arms makes it difficult for them to pet back, but they often gently rub against each other as a sign of affection." (yeah they rub against each other in my cooler)

These PETA freaks probably would not like to see the unicorn hanging in my garage right now, that I shot during unicorn season. When you gut them rainbows fly out.

PETA // Save the Sea Kittens // About The Campaign

·
Registered
19 Posts
Oh great how would you like your sea kitten, broiled or fried

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Oh great how would you like your sea kitten, broiled or fried
:chef: I like mine broiled with a little Old Bay and a good amber beer :chugbeer: and some fresh veggies on the side. :eatdrink:

And to those PETA maggots, I say "If animals weren't ment to be eaten, why were they made of meat?!!" :D :roflguy:

·
Registered
7,563 Posts
Oh geez...if you guys want to get worked up into a froth over something as silly as PETA, Brandon has supplied a B.S. board for you.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
I laughed out loud when I read the line from the article suggesting that the PETA guys were "several fins short of a flounder". That is a descriptor I have never heard before.

·
Registered
14,258 Posts
There is a place for all of God's little critters..............right next to the mashed potatoes and green beans:clapping2::clapping2: PETA= people eating tasty animals.........YUM.....Gary

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
"Like their surface-dwelling cousins, the land kittens, sea kittens enjoy being petted.
This quote again proves my point - rubbing the slime off fish is one of the worst things you can do to a fish . . . that is if you aren't gonna be eating it later that day. :D These people are morons.

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Oh geez...if you guys want to get worked up into a froth over something as silly as PETA, Brandon has supplied a B.S. board for you.
Definitely not BS. Might be forth getting frothed up over. PETA got additional press in the November issue of Time magazine, "10 Questions". A new and liberal president backed by a Congress just short of a super majority (or has that changed by now), will certainly energize the wackos from the extreme left. We sportsmen, both hunters and fishermen, must watch our backs so PETA and similar groups don't chipping away at our passion. If you want examples just check into fishing regs in a few of the western European countries where the Green Party has significant influence. Some of these regulations are very much against recreational fishing.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
So I asked the wife " what is short for sea kittens?" She stated you just want me to say go see pussys.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
I really don't worry about wiping my sea kittens slime layer off with my hand I use this instead
\
helps keep their skin nice and smooth

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I joined PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals) several years ago. We are thinking about putting together a cookbook some time next year. We will have a whole chapter for sea kitten recipe's.

·
Registered
275 Posts
That's PETA for you, always finding a way to outdo themselves with the amount of bs they can spout

1 - 19 of 19 Posts