Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Philly cop was killed yesterday in the bar I used to be a bouncer for. It's my best man's dads place.

This place was small, 30X30 at the most, the robber held all of these people at what would amount to point blank range. There is nowhere to hide in this quiet little bar. He robbed everyone, made all of them use the ATM, then he grabbed the barmaid. He used her as a sheild as he walked out of the bar. a cop was coming in at the same time & he shot him in the throat. Dead. Then he took pot shots at the partner. The partner lived, but the man got away...

What is this world coming to??

http://cbs3.com/topstories/local_story_130123703.html

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
"What is this world coming to?? "

That's something to think about when you're out on the water.......
But, it's not "what's it coming to".......it's more like where it IS!

Tony[sad]

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
439 Posts
Man that so suck's!! My dad is a 29 year vet. of the philadelphia PD (ret) Pat's, is that right of the BLVd.? I know I know the place...can't remember...damn I have been gone out of the city 9 years next month.
Bri. watch it buddy!!

·
Registered
692 Posts
This is very horrible. I read the story and it says the gunman was wearing a ski mask. How can they make a sketch of him if he was wearing a mask? I don't know how these things work.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Yeah, that sucks. It is even worse considering that this is Police Memorial Week. The funeral for the officer from Fairfax is tomorrow. I expect that there will be thousands of officers in attendence since they were already in town for the memorial.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Irish,
It's a little place on the corner on castor ave. There is a big park across the street & some big old houses next to it. The rest of the area is a war zone.

This guy must have scoped the bar out pretty good. The typical crowd is made up of Philly tough guys & cops. If a few of the local fellers I used to know were in there, they would have done something. Even if they were to get killed. Those guys were kinda nuts & protected thier turf. Even at 6' 275, I was only allowed to be the door man because they let me & I because knew the owner.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
439 Posts
Castor and what? Down by the EL? Juneita...LOL!! ex wife is from there and still can't spell it...LOL! or is it on the other side of the BLVD. towards Cottman?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts