Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I saw this last year on My way home from Sandy Point but was unable to upload the Photo for what ever reason. Anyhow, I watch this guy pounding a beer as I passed him. Just a reminder of the summer fun ahead of us.

Be safe

TED

Attachments

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Ted, Are you sure you weren't holding the camera crookeddoh.I would say that would qualify for a probable cause stop!..........Gary

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Could be laying on the road, at least it is still on the trailer. Maybe wasn't tied down and hit a bump in the road.

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
That pic was clearly taken on the western shore....eastern shore boys take pride in boat loading over here.....

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
never could figure out why people have so much problem loading a boat. i've seen people take 20 minutes and when it's over with the boat is still not on the trailer right.

I don't know what's worse........someone who can't load their boat on the trailer, or someone who sits at the ramp trying to get their 1972 johnson 2 stroke running.

·
Registered
39 Posts
No, the worst is when someone puts their boat in the water and doesn't pull it down to the end of the dock so other people can use the freaking ramp.

·
Registered
7,603 Posts
Sheesh, we've gone from a funny photo, thru a few humorous replies, and into a P & M session, if only ever so slightly for now....com'on Spring.

Let me tell you how a very experienced trailer boater can get into a situation like that. Once upon a time I bought a new trailer for our boat. Didn't like the roller setup the way it was delivered. First launch with new trailer and subsequent roller adjustment, and it wouldn't retrieve onto the trailer without being cockeyed. Didn't matter what I tried at the ramp, so just winched the bugger up crooked and got the hell outta the way of all the other ramp "experts". Luckily I was at a private marina ramp, with a boat loading forklift nearby. While on dry land, the forklift operator graciously repositioned boat for its ride home. Sure am glad mine was straight, and not sitting as pretty as the one in the photo on here, posted in jest I'm sure.....

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
Looks like the boat is wider than the trailer. Also looks to be a bunk trailer which would be very unusual for that style of boat to begin with.

My vote goes to a barrowed trailer to get the boat home. The boat too wide to fit between fenders so they rolled the boat over to the side to fit in the bunks.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Definitely a prospect for getting pulled over for OVERSIZED LOAD - measure width from lower starboard chine to upper port side of bimini !

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Yeah,
When I first bought my boat the trailer was all messed up for it. I must have dunkes it 30 times, beached it, adjusted the trailer, reloaded it and so on to get it right.

But, I did it on a private community ramp where I was one of only about five people launching all day. Not at Sandy Point!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts