Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out today on the outgoing tide looking to catch some striped critters. Didnt have any luck at all on anything we tried and finally got bored and started using peelers and shrimp. Nothing but catfishb and lots of them but nothing with any size. Remebered about a lure i got this week and put it on the line for my nephew. (XPS Rattle Shad)
First cast he had a 20ish rockfish come right to the boat and attack it but spit the hook. Told him to cast back out and as soon as it hits the water another rock is on. This one went 24 inches. Not bad for his first rockfish ever. Fish was really skinny and had some small sores so he went back. After that the only other striper caught was my nephew again with a 16 incher. Not bad day out there with low winds and some fish brought aboard. Need to go get more of those lures now to see if it was just pure luck or something that will actually work.

--John

·
Registered
512 Posts
Great report. Ill bet money on you if you go out your going to find a way to catch a fish and you like me seem to love taking kids fishing. I always read and enjoy your post.

Bobby

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can't beat taking kids fishing when they are the only ones who will listen to your advice. [grin]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts