Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll try to remember that thanks for your help. This pic is from monday fishing, wind was predicted to blow 20-25 knots from the southwest and i had to go. Left LBP @ 0630 heading north . Saw some birds working an area and had to drop the spread to see what was going on. after about 15 minutes and the green stretch 30 goes down and started taking a ton of line off the tld 30 with 80lb power pro so i was exciting to think it was my 50lber for the season. After a good 10 minutes or so and having the fish continue to take line i told the capt to circle on the fish so i could get some line on him. I finally got him to the boat and it was a 39 incher snagged in his gill and i was dragging him sideways. In the box he went. Ok lets do it again, set the spread out and about 20 minutes later the mojo / bunker spoon combo goes off. I felt the fish and it was big so i handed the rod off to someone else and grabbed the net. after a good 10 minute fight or so we had another snagged fish. A 52 inch spotted dogfish on a 12 inch bunker spoon. He was hooked right below the spine. What are the chances right? Anyways back he went. Ended up throwing back 2 shorts and saw a huge pod of birds working the area and decided to take some pics. Spoke with someone who fished south of wachapreague and he caught 2 monsters. 1 56pds and one 46.5 pds eeling . The big ones are almost here.

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 - 10 of 10 Posts