Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
329 Posts
Nice going Mike. It's a nice change to leave the Bay for a while and fish some blue-water for a while.

Yesterday I was out with Ken (KenY) and a few other guys seabassing. Caught some whoopers .... up to 19" I'd guess ...... and a huge 31-32" flounder. Ken has the pictures and the carcass of the doormat. Maybe he'll post them soon. Also caught some HUGE blues.

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice going Mike. It's a nice change to leave the Bay for a while and fish some blue-water for a while.

Yesterday I was out with Ken (KenY) and a few other guys seabassing. Caught some whoopers .... up to 19" I'd guess ...... and a huge 31-32" flounder. Ken has the pictures and the carcass of the doormat. Maybe he'll post them soon. Also caught some HUGE blues.
Where did you guys go ? Were you on your new boat ?

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
Hot damn this is what I have been waiting for, maybe a small limit but you caught some, thanks for the report and yes those sunglasses look real good on ya. :D Less then 3 weeks now and I will be coming over for those toothy critters…:thumbup:

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Glad you scored. I went out last Friday, 10-24 on Grizzly outta Lewes. 29 feesh.
Largest went 8lbs. Good tasting!

Attachments

·
Banned
329 Posts
No Mike .... I was on my Dad's 25 Parker. We went out about 35 miles from Lewes. Probably going again thsi week if the weather is fitting. Interested?

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Hit the 2-4 street bulkhead yesterday and did pretty good on the tog.....mostly under 14 in but I did see quite a few keepers.

Mike...tried to reach you on that other site with a couple questions. When you boat fish at the south jetty do you try to put the bait in a hole in the rocks or do you let the current sweep it into the rocks along the bottom? The sweep seemed to work the best at the bulkhead. Also, I purchased some simple tog rigs when you were at All-Tackle that I used yesterday. I want to tie some of my own and was wondering what pound test you guys used? It looks to be around 30#...maybe a little less? Also, you selling your boat?

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hit the 2-4 street bulkhead yesterday and did pretty good on the tog.....mostly under 14 in but I did see quite a few keepers.

Mike...tried to reach you on that other site with a couple questions. When you boat fish at the south jetty do you try to put the bait in a hole in the rocks or do you let the current sweep it into the rocks along the bottom? The sweep seemed to work the best at the bulkhead. Also, I purchased some simple tog rigs when you were at All-Tackle that I used yesterday. I want to tie some of my own and was wondering what pound test you guys used? It looks to be around 30#...maybe a little less? Also, you selling your boat?
The rigs you bought from me were either 30 or 40lb test and tied with a hybrid bronze offset khale style hook . I prefer to keep my bait completely still in one place rather than let the current get ahold of it and drag me into a snag . I was fishing at the south jetty , not from shore . If I don't get a bite after a few minutes I will pick up the bait and bounce it over to another hole . I prefer a conventional style reel for this type of fishing and heavy braided line . I use Shimano Tekotas and Toriums . As far as my boat goes , no , it is not for sale . Also , if you look at the pics you will see that all of those fish were female . The majority of the fish we caught were female . I would imagine that the bigger male fish will be moving in every day now because of the dropping water temps .

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Mike, thanks for the info. I thought the Parker at All-Tackle was yours. My mistake.

I've got limited experience fishing for tog....been with Monty a few times and of course you just drop it down there and kind of feel for a hole. Yesterday was my first time from land and there were a variety of techniques but it seemed like just dropping it down wouldn't get you down very deep.

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
MQ , if you'd like to get out one day next week and try for tog , PM me . Your PM feature is disabled as I tried to send you some info .

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Mike, thanks for the info. I thought the Parker at All-Tackle was yours. My mistake.

I've got limited experience fishing for tog....been with Monty a few times and of course you just drop it down there and kind of feel for a hole. Yesterday was my first time from land and there were a variety of techniques but it seemed like just dropping it down wouldn't get you down very deep.
The thing about fishing from the bulkhead is that it's very shallow straight down . A little further out and it drops sharply into the main channel . If you don't have much tide you can fish deeper . With any tide and you get hung up very easily that deep . The bottom there is a huge mussel bed littered with years and years of snagged rigs . Try fishing the concrete bulkhead by the Oceanic Pier if you must fish from the shore . I don't know who owns the Parker for sale that you speak of . I've yet to ever see another one like mine . Mine is a 17' and they haven't made that model since 1993 .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts