Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pickeral fishing has begun.:clap::clap:This is a fun time to fish. I have had some luck lately with pickeral in the 20's. Just wanted to see how everyone else was doing. I need some advice to catch these bad boyz. Good luck.

Grant aka forked creek fisher

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish
4,199 Posts
I wonder where Mr Poe is?I'm missing his reports on the toothy critters.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Fin-s lures they've been working on the magothy for 20+inches. Road runner lures from blakemore and the saltrunners(they're a little bigger.)

·
Registered
6,818 Posts
First choice would be a #2 Mepps Agila with a squirrel tail finish.
Cut off one of the hooks on the treble and squash the barbs on the other two.
Money... ;-)

Second choice would be a Johnson Silver Minnow topwater spoon.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Thinking about trying for some pickerel on the Severn myself. Kind of bummed that the ltj action for rock has slowed. Maybe I can get my fix in the shallows with these toothy critters.

·
Registered
25 Posts
is the severn or the magathy more productive for the picks? and, what kind of water depths are you fishing, or are you simply fishing the shore lines? thanks!

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
First choice would be a #2 Mepps Agila with a squirrel tail finish.
Cut off one of the hooks on the treble and squash the barbs on the other two.
Money... ;-)

Second choice would be a Johnson Silver Minnow topwater spoon.
--Immitation Jap versions Bought by the Card , loose so many on hang ups & break offs ---Black Hackle, black body --white spots --Caught many in Virginia Streams In Cow Pastures , Up to 6 1/2 lbs --Also hudge bull minnows under bobbers work great , But Strike , not like a Bass taking the bobber down twice --

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
I wonder where Mr Poe is?I'm missing his reports on the toothy critters.
I talked with Virgil last week. He has been busy with work and other things. He has not fished much recently, but hopes to get going soon on Magothy pickerel. I doubt that we have seen the last of Professor Pickerel.

Attachments

·
Registered
287 Posts
is the severn or the magathy more productive for the picks? and, what kind of water depths are you fishing, or are you simply fishing the shore lines? thanks!
As for which river is better... well it depends who you ask.:DWater depths- im fishing anywhere from 5ft give or take to where there drop offs to about 8-10 ft. I'll either fish from shore or boat. Boat is best for me this time of year because with the low tides the wood cover isnt fishable . Fish cover near deep water and vary retrieve speeds.

·
Registered
287 Posts
caplanbp also try piers.That's what i heard on another thread this is the first time i've been pickerel fishing this time of year i'm more of a spring kind of guy. so thats about all i can say for now

1 - 12 of 12 Posts