Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the past week a buddy next door has been dropping by to grab me at high tide and spend an hour or so down at our marina on Cattail Creek floating minnows. I at first thought he was kidding but with the action we have seen it has been a real hoot.

Today was my record day for Pickles- not number but size- largest was 22"+, one at 20 1/2" and one at 18". We've been catching at least 2-4 per day. Today also caught two nice yellows about 10", one white perch at 11" and two crappie of about 10". Crappie were unheard of by me in Cattail Creek but they found our baits. So far we have caught seven species and the water hasn't warmed up yet.

Yellow perch
White perch
Catfish
Crappie
Pickerals galore
Sunfish
Gold Shiner

Herring are chasing bait around the pilings and big Shad are rolling occasionally and we have yet to be visited by the Rock and occasional Bluefish during dry seasons or Large Mouth Bass.

I count about 12 species and there are probably some that I have missed. Not bad for having a short walk down to the marina. :clapping2:

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Eminent Brother,
Them Pickles are a HOOT!!! I was thinking about trying my Pickle Hole after work, but; SWMBO had other plans for me :nono:

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Graybeard, A couple of your guys were down last week checking out Cattail Creek and making sure the contractor over on the Aisquith Road project was doing a good job of keeping our creek clean. Nice guys, both on the board but I can't remember their screen names. Gave me all the technical hoopla of how the equipment worked and it sure has been doing its job. No silt at all running off the project cofferdams. Good job!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts