Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had several bmails for pics of the dropper fly's i use. also included a shrimp that is good for perch, spot etc. tipped with fish bites or the real thing. sorry, it took some time to get my brain in gear for posting pics. these baits are bluefish proof, made out of epoxy. a guy who lives in baltimore makes them, bmail only for his contact or brandon will arrest me for advertising.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bill, how ya been? i get them from a guy in baltimore. i don't have the time or patience to make them. they have some kind of epoxy that i guess holds the whole assembly together.

i do know they work well, and cannot be destroyed by any critter. we have been using them for many years with a 2 oz. pinged stingsilver and the fly on a dropper loop 18" or so above the stingsilver. we catch many many doubles. you can also use them with BA's
or BKD's. they work well jigging or casting.

ps: the shrimp pic did not turn out well, but the thing looks good enough to eat.

·
Registered
8,845 Posts
I am fine John. Getting ready to make the run to Harkers for some fat alberts on the fly.

Surf candies take a little longer to tie because of the epoxy but they are not hard to tie.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Glad to see you're posting pics Capt. How's that internet working?
I pick those up at Tylers, they look like someone dunked a hook in polyurethane and stuck eyes on them..
I think they are like 3.25 per

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
fishcrazy, yea man i'm high tech, even openened a on-line tech support business......LOL

yes, i think he sells them to several area shops.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
WildBill -- I was down at Harker's last month and the alberts are everywhere. We fished the AR265 and they were THICK as flies on a dead horse. We were targeting Kings and did great. Saw a 60lb king caught the first day we were there. Good luck

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Yeah - That Popovics link is where you want to be: Here's a green candy that is killer on everything, including Spaniards:

If the fish are bigger and you're feeling ambitious while tying, look up the instructions for a Bucktail Deceiver. Makes a great dropper on a 3 ounce trout bomb....

·
Registered
472 Posts
I've got a couple emails asking how much...I don't sell them because between the cost of the materials and time it takes I couldn't begin to make any money on selling them.
But I might make some extras over the winter and have them for sale at the WAF tables at the '09 flea markets.

However there are plenty of options for sale online
Bass Pro Shops:

Lefty's Deceiver, Deceiver Classic - SaltwaterFlies.Com

The Key is to "Match the Hatch" and find out if they are feeding on Bay Anchovies, Silversides, Peanut Bunker, etc... and use the appropriate dropper fly
thanks, Fishing-Rod

1 - 12 of 12 Posts