Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was at Crab Creek yesterday and took some pictures. These were taken around 2:30pm
about an hour before high tide. There was not a whole lot of water. The way the buoys are situated you are going to have to thread the needle. There is not a lot of room when you meet an out going/incoming boat.

The first 2 pictures are just a reminder to make sure your trailer tags and inspection sticker is up to date. The fellow who owns this trailer has a expensive surprise waiting for him when he gets back to the ramp.

This guy apparently got in OK. I don't know if he hit bottom though.

Dennis:))

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
mans thats something else- the exact reason i have never launched my big boat there- i bought a LC boat ramp pass already for 60 bucks good all year 2007. i used to like crab creek tho, u sed it 1000's time w/ the old little C/C boat. thanx D

·
Premium Member
4,887 Posts
That's a danged shame for the city to let it get in such bad shape. NOW is the time they should be dredging it. My guess is that they'll wait until JUNE!

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I saw surveyors working up in the dunes. I don't know what that was all about.

I am going over there in awhile and I am going to ask the guys that work there if they have any information about when it will be dredged.

G

·
My understanding was that the City was looking at expanding the parking lot for the trailers but there has to be a hearing first for wetland issues.

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My understanding was that the City was looking at expanding the parking lot for the trailers but there has to be a hearing first for wetland issues.
I talked to one of the guys who works there yesterday. He said the city is planning on putting in 50 to 75 additional parking places and they plan on building a small park.

He told me when the city bought the property that the wetlands issue was resolved so they could expand when needed. They just have to preserve some wetlands elsewhere to offset.

For now they are letting people with 4 wheel drive park up on the sand when the parking lot is full.

He is not sure when the dredging will start but the surveyors were there to get things rolling.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts