Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
1,292 Posts
Hard to believe that spring just broke right there. What do you think let go first - spring or the hub/axle? Did the axle shear at the end or did the hub come off?

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Man that is ugly. Just not right for a trailer that young. What a pain in the butt.

Hope you get everything straight very soon.

Dayton

·
Registered
104 Posts
I think the Beastie Boys have a song for that mishap. I would be calling the local hardware store to see how many hack saws they sold that week. That spring didnt break on its own.

·
Registered
32 Posts
That is a very odd place for the spring to break. Usually it happens near the bends. I wonder if the weld at the hub broke and when it fell and caused the axle to wrap it broke the spring? Either way theres no excuse for a 2 yr old trailer to have that problem especially with such a light boat. Who is the trailer manufactered by?

·
Registered
73 Posts
[Q]fatcatonthejames originally wrote:
I think the Beastie Boys have a song for that mishap. I would be calling the local hardware store to see how many hack saws they sold that week. That spring didnt break on its own.
[/Q]
Give the guys over at C.S.I. a call they will bust the culprit

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
marine master junk

looks like the insurance company won't pay because they say it broke because of crappy welding

greaaatttttt

·
Registered
32 Posts
Seems to me if the insurance company says it's due to inferior welding then the company that built the trailer is definately at fault. It might be a really good idea to give a lawyer a call unless you just want to take it on the chin and pay to fix it. It sure does suck, I hate it for ya!

·
1,292 Posts
They didn't mind taking your money while that so called crappy weld was in place. Keep at them.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
seems marine master wised up once i started yelling .. a new axle is in the process of being welded and shipped to me

i should be reimbursed for the rollback whether they reject my claim or not .. i may end up paying for installation and a new spring assembly .. but that's much better than the whole thing

also after yelling at marine master my insurance agent called me back .. seems if my claim is approved i'm getting a new trailer out of the deal .. they don't think its worth fixing it

·
Registered
116 Posts
Don't get me started on Insurance companies. I deal with them every day. If a tire blows on a car and does damage, they won't pay for the tire buy the have to pay for the damage it does to the car. Maybe there is an angle to hit them with. Looks like more damage was done after the weld broke. I sure hope that info can help.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
rick i'm right down the road from you in fredericksburg

the insurance company called today and said this

the axle is not covered .. which is fine the trailer manufacturer is sending me a new one .. they said they would pay for the rest of the damage .. they think its beyond repair however and i'm getting a new trailer!

·
Registered
73 Posts
so let the insurance buy you a new trailer then u can buy the busted 1 from them for real cheap and get the company to send the axle fix the trailer and then sell it bet u could come out on top of the whole thing.
I think they have to offer u a chance to buy it.
My father inlaw did that with his work truck. He wrecked it, then the insurance totaled it then gave him the money and then offered the truck to him fo real cheap. they gave him like $3000 for the truck and then he bought the truck back for like 400Bux.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
that's really not a bad idea .. you're right i bet i would come out on top, assuming they're going to pay for the whole new trailer and not screw me .. i've always had bad experiences with insurance companies .. i'm waiting for a call saying they think its only worth such and such and i need to come up with the rest of the money

·
Registered
766 Posts
great advise guys and yall wonder why your damn rates are so high - go figure. From a seasoned veteran in the business, if it's a covered peril and not wear and tear, no problem. I see wear and tear and I really don't think it's worth anyone bashing an industry that doesn't work with it every day. Anyway good luck Tank but I really don't think a bump in the road (no pun intended) is the same as an accident, fire, etc. I doubt you receive anything but good luck anyway. Shoulda had Nationwide Ins. to start with ! [grin]

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
joe a little tidbit from nationwide today

went to view a for sale by owner property .. nationwide had stopped by to do an insurance visual inspection on the outside of the property for their coverage

well the owner opens it up .. everything was checked as acceptable and the agent wrote "everything is ok!!"

one of those items happened to be rain spouts .. which the owner had removed about a month ago haha [grin]

nothing like the old, check it off and run approach

·
1,292 Posts
yeah, I'm sorta with Joe. I was thinking that an insurance company should not be liable for a warranty or manufacturing defect condition. For example, my insurance would not be expected to pay if my bumper fell off due to bad design or welds. But they would pay if that bumper caused an accident (although one could argue the manufacturer was liable). So...your trailer manufacturer is liable for what happened as far as replacing the defective parts and other resulting damage to the trailer. Hopefully it caused no damage to anyone else or other property. Maybe the insurance company owes you for the tow. I'm glad it is working itself out in your favor though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts