Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Baltimore County piebald harvested this week in my neighborhood by Lee Haile.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Very cool. I've got one behind the house that's I know is at least five years old. I know that they're often shunned by other deer, but she is the lead doe. I've seen her while bow hunting behind the house, but have decided she's cool to watch. I've got one on the farm I hunt that's just down right ugly. Here's the one from the neighborhood.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Had a friend shoot one 3 years back and he laughed as he read they were bad luck to kill. He dropped it off at the Taxdermist for a full body mount. All sorts of BAD ( lost his Job, Broke his Back ect.) stuff happened to him in the next 3 months. When he got the mount back he never picked it up. Just paid for it and donated it....
Nice Deer you got though.

TED

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Was talking with an old fellow the other day, he told me that when you start to see deer with white spots on them it means they are over populated and inbred in the area. Never heard that before, anybody else ?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Yes, I have researched it before and definitely believe that's at least the case for the ones that I've seen. IMany have shorter legs or a bump on the bridge of their nose. Look at this ugly one. This is from the farm I hunt, which is in need of some herd thinning.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts