Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i did not want to break the flow of chads thread on logo merch. how about a day for everyone to show with thier yaks and have supplies, equipment, tools and troubleshoot problems, add new ideas, have some of the seniors to inspect yaks for potential problems(wrong hardware, faulty sealants yada yada) and new owners to get there ride ready to go. i am sure some of us have a few things that may seem simple but to others might be helpful. is ther a guy who works on yaks in the area? maybe he could walk right in and make some cash on the spot.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Good idea. who the hell are you calling seniors(lol lol). I have picked up lots of little ideas along the way from "newbies" also because they bring a fresh outlook to rigging and don't just do it the way the "seniors" do it. So, this would be partially beneficial. Maybe we can coordinate this for another outing. As far a a guy who works on yaks, you can come by the house and we'll install or build anything you want (open to all TKAA members), all you have to pay for is the supplies. If you help do it you won't need someone else to do it next time on your next yak.
Chad

·
Registered
580 Posts
We all rig them differently. Some don't care what it looks like as long as it works. Others want it pretty. Some will carry all the **** they can, others keep it simple. It is really what works best for you. It would be nice to see what others are doing though. If you saw mine and Calvin's you would be like "gee, they are exactly the same". We fish together alot and I got some ideas from him, and he got some ideas from me. Bassmanpete gave us the idea of the perfect crate from WalMart. It is the only crate that is a perfect fit for a Caper.

Tom

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Ken... anything for you, but there is an hourly rate...for you...$100/hour... I know you tennis pros make some good money...or we will call it even for Anna Kornikova's phone number.[grin]

·
Registered
580 Posts
Chris, yep, that's the crate we have. For my flyrod I have 2 rubber snap in holders on the side of the boat. It works but the reel gets wet and if it is a little choppy the rod tip digs into the water. I don't plan to change mine but I wouldn't reccomend doing it that way. Calvin has a deal he rigged up with PVC pipe. His works better. I know it sounds stupid but I didn't like the way it looked so I didn't do it that way. Send naked goby a b-mail if you are interested in how he did his. His is also better because no holes have to be drilled in the yak. I did in mine and that's why I don't want to change it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.