Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my daughter (Age 12) has decided she wants her own gun but it needs to be pink. The only shotgun I can find is the Mossberg 500 Super Bantam Field Pump. Do any of you have any experience with this gun or would you know where else to look for a pink gun (not the pink .22 rifle)?

She is big for her age and shoots my 870 ok.

The specs for the Mossberg are below:

Manufacturer: Mossberg 54147
Item: 53804

Specifications and features:
Mossberg 500 Super Bantam Field pump-action shotgun
20 gauge
22" vent rib, ported barrel
3" chamber
6 round capacity
Top-mount safety
Adjustable synthetic stock
Pink marble finish
Blued barrel
Twin bead sights
Includes stock spacer & extra recoil pad
12" to 13" length of pull
13" overall length stock
EZ-Reach forearm
Shortened pistol grip
Dual extractors
Twin action bars
Positive steel-to-steel lock-up
Anti-Jam elevator
Accu-Set choke tube system
Drilled & tapped
40-3/4" overall length
1-1/2" drop at comb
2-3/8" drop at heel
5-1/4 lbs.
Made in the USA

·
Registered
692 Posts
No runs, no drips, no errors. Krylon spray paint. Take the stock and forearm off, knock down the factory finish with fine steel wool. Clean with a tack rag, then acetone. Hang wood parts from a wire, then 3-4 light coats of Krylon Hot Pink. After it's dry, 2 coats of spray Pledge wax. I did an old Stevens 20 ga. side by side in hot pink for the wife years ago, still looks like a factory paint job. If you don't trust yourself, any auto painter will shoot the wood for you, but the Krylon makes it about idiot proof. T.

·
Registered
401 Posts
The painted thing would be pretty cool. Go to a sticker shop and get some kind of small decal made with her name on it or something that she likes. Apply the decal before prepping and painting. Remove it when you're finished revealing a pink gun with her name or whatever written in wood grain. That'd be kind of cool.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Think Gander Mountain in Salisbury Md hasum. My daughter spotted them and want her owne as well. They had them in Rem 870 in 20 Ga and 12 Ga. Might not hurt to make a phone call to them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts