Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year Mike worked with Joe Cox of the Reel Thing to create a pimped out custom rod. His was blue metallic with blue adonized reel seat. I must say it's pretty flashy as well as functional.

So back in December Michelle and I decided to test out Joe's creativity ... so here is Michelle holding her brand new hot pink metallic rod with pink grips.

It makes both of ours look pale in comparison - gold metallic with blue for meand the original blue on blue ...
Gotta hand it to Joe, he wasn't afraid to try something a little far out. - Sherry

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Eminent brother,
What could possibally be better then a HOT PINK rod. I have just the right line to go with a rod like that.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ahh Graybeard - I wondered how you would like that! I told Michelle that there was at least one manly man on the TF site that might use her rod if you ever fish on our boat. ;)

And John you are right. He is a the ultimate nice guy. Apparently he has a wild streak in there somewhere to make glitzy rods. :yes:

·
Registered
133 Posts
You guys are some pretty cool parents. Not only will she have a great rod, but if it ever accidently falls overboard, even with the not so clear bay water you could find that rod on the bottom, no problem.
How you guys doing, Victoria and I also booked a trip with Walleye Pete, also.
Jason

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Jason - If that rod goes over she better be going over with it :nono: We took our first cruise Saturday and then went scouting the bridge last night ... lots of fish showing on the sounder by the rockpile but we didn't have time to try for them. We go out with Pete in April.

Cool ideas for reels guys ... although she would agree with KenY that purple might clash. Cute little pink one though :yes: Right now she's pairing that rod with a Quantum Energy PT30 she had last year ... the finish doesn't hold up too well in salt but it still works great and looks good from far away.

A for mine - a Quantum Boca goes with everything :thumbup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.