Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, this is my first post on the forum. I'm active in the chesapeake bay forum. My name is Mike.

I am relatively new to the baltimore area. I grew up on the eastern shore, lived and hunted there my whole life until college. I still return to hunt as much as possible(every weekend) since my parents still live there. I am looking for a decent place to deer and turkey hunt. My dad has given up deer hunting and i don't have any place left to hunt. He still turkey hunts with me, but still my spots are very limited. The only thing he is interested in anymore is duck and goose hunting and we do our fair share of that.

I'd like to find a place and maybe even a club with an opening. I'm not interested in public lands. I don't care if it is on the eastern shore or western shore, I am willing to drive. I am willing to pay my part and/or help with land clean-up or whatever in exchange for the right to hunt. If someone could point me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!!

Mike Robertson

·
Registered
79 Posts
We have a couple openings in our club. 300 Arces in Harwood, MD. Just south of Annapoils.

Its a little pricey, but has some nice deer and geese. B-mail if interested.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bunker it's tough out there if you don't already have your foot in the door somewhere. If you stumble onto something with 2 openings let me know, and i'll do the same. GOOD LUCK!!

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
1,056 Posts
You fellas looking for fields or water hunts?

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey choptank...i'd love to find a place to deer hunt with duck/goose capabilities and spring turkey hunting. I know that is alot to ask but i'd settle for deer turkey or really any of the above combinations.

do you have something available?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Choptank

Im just interested in the geese or ducks, lost our club two years ago and im struggling to find a decent place that is reasonably priced. water or field or just one or both. b mail me if you know of anything

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Choptank,
I normally field hunt with another TF guy in Harmony, MD.
Haven't done much water but I'm game for anything.

Boz

·
1,056 Posts
I dont have anything to offer lease wise but often have spots open for hunts w/ me. looking to trade some water hunts for field hunts.or duck/goose hunts for a place to deer hunt.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Choptank i'm in the same boat as you. Do you actually hunt on the choptank? My dad lives on the nanticoke river and thats where we duck hunt.

·
1,056 Posts
No I do not live on the "tank" I had to pick a name and thats where I fished that day.

I live in between Easton and St. Michaels off the Miles river.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Puddle duck hunting on the nanticoke has been crummy the last few years. We've been hunting a couple times every year with a guy out of tilghman island and we've had some good hunts. Last friday we setup a sea duck rig with him and 5 of us killed our limit and were out of there around 9am.

·
1,056 Posts
Yep this my first year hunting those seaducks and its a ball!! I love it and as a taxidermist I have a use for the birds too ..they are pretty birds to work with.I am fairly set up for hunting them boat wise but I am still working on better gang rigs. I paintd all my old mallards to the oldsquaw and scoter pattern and have done pretty well. I suppose with the regular season in and not too many around yet seaduck hunting should be not over crowded out there huh?

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Friday the wind was blowing a little so we headed to the western shore to get away from the wind. There were a few rigs setup around us but not terribly crowded. We always go during the week to avoid the weekend hunters. The old squaw were plentiful out there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts