Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any good places to fish from the bank in the Northern Neck, that you can catch croakers?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Public beach on windmill point- at then end of windmill point rd, right where the road runs into the river; usually do pretty good there
good luck
JP
"KwikRelease"

·
Registered
659 Posts
Under the 200 Bridge between Burgess and Kilmarnock. Public pier under the Bridge. Located on the Kilmarnock side of the Great Wicomico. Never fished off of it, but everytime I pass it there are people fishing. They wouldn't be there if there were no fish being caught.
Bubba[angel][angel]

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mel,

We usually stay in Montross or Reedville to go fishing. Also, I have tried the pier at Wicomico, but the fish are not biting yet. Normally this is a great spot to go.

·
Registered
198 Posts
If your going to catch croakers from the shore you need to be patient and fish the moving tide just about anywhere at night. I would probably crab during the day and fish the shore lines of salt creeks for some of the fat perch action thats going on now. Just start wading and watch out for that delightful smelling black mud, peeler crab will get'em all day.
Good Luck.
Mel
I'm fishing with Capt Duane over the 4th holiday weekend but maybe some fellow fisherperson will invite you along for the company or to split the fuel bill!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts