Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you guys get braid to work in the planer board clips. I can't get the clips to hold braid. Mono works great but the braid seems a little slippery
Uncle Bob

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Just sink em deep on the clip and be sure to have the clip set on it's tightest setting (you do know there are two sedttings on each clip?). I don't have a problem even in rough weather. I use 80 # power pro. 5th (Marty)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Bob;

I worked them this weekend for the first time. I placed the braid deep into the clip. I had it set on the light setting and it worked fine. We hit one fish and you heard the line pop off. But they worked fine.

Vince

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I quit the stuff

Maybe I had a bad spool, but I quit the stuff for trolling. 3 times the stuff would break at the clip when we were done fishing and tried to pop it off. Went back to mono.

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
RUBBA

·
Premium Member
26,103 Posts
You might want to try #64 rubberbands and carabiner clips for the braid.The Scotty clips are tricky with braid.

I like the hook set I get with the rubberbands- we miss very few fish with them.It takes a good bit to snap a #64 and this ensures a solid hook up.

I hate missing strikes plus the carabiners are much cheaper :thumbup:.

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
You might want to try #64 rubberbands and carabiner clips for the braid.The Scotty clips are tricky with braid.

I like the hook set I get with the rubberbands- we miss very few fish with them.It takes a good bit to snap a #64 and this ensures a solid hook up.

I hate missing strikes plus the carabiners are much cheaper :thumbup:.
DITTO !:yes:

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
#80 braid........no problem with Scottys. If anything they hold too well sometimes

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Just sink em deep on the clip and be sure to have the clip set on it's tightest setting (you do know there are two sedttings on each clip?). I don't have a problem even in rough weather. I use 80 # power pro. 5th (Marty)
I do the same as Marty and never have a problem either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts