Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I said in an earlier post (got no replys though), I am being transferred to Tampa from the Chesapeake Bay area. We use Planer boards here when trolling for Rockfish (Striper). Do you all use them at all for Mahi or sail? Any need to bring them along. If not, I'll get rid of them up here before I leave.
They are 3' x 3.5 x12" with tripple boards. They run up real nice and let me have a spread of about 175' if I want it.
I can run 5 lines off either side plus 4 off the transom. (just to give you an idea what I am talking about, if you aren't familiar)

Thanks....also can someone answer my question about my boat? Will a 2301 CC seaswirl work for both the bay and the Gulf. I mean, can you get into decent places for snook, trout and reds with a boat that size?

Dutch

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dutch, you should be able to use that boat for both inshore and offshore, although I am not in Tampa I currently have a 24' everglades bay boat and use it offshore and backwater, we have a lot of shallow oyster bars and shoals down here so you have to chose where you go and on what tides but around tampa I believe they have alot of areas that boat will be good for. My mako191 drafted 18" and I used it also in both areas
I am thinking of getting some planer boards for trolling for Kings, as soon as I figure out how to use them properly and what speed.
Others have posted on the florida sportsman board that they use them

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.