Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
I have a pair of triple boards made out of white composite faschia board and the work fine. Located in middle river if you want to make a copy of them they looke pretty simple to do. I also wraped the top of them with orange duck tape.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Make sure u put loc-tight on the nuts.....The composite seems to be alot more flexible than the lumber, causing the nuts to work loose..I think the wood run a little better..just my 2 cents

·
Registered
733 Posts
I have made several sets out of PVC (azek & verstex) works great, use Kylon fusion paint for the top, this bonds to plastic and won’t scuff off on your boat. I second the lock-tite on all fasteners. I work for a lumber yard in Springfield VA and give TF discounts so the cost will be better. Greg

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
Planning on your great grandkids inheriting your planer boards? If not, regular old yellow is more cost effective.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Picture of my orange spray painted 3 board made of the AZEK material. Cost of the material is expensive as someone said earlier. Son-in-law made them and we used last fall & they worked great. Over the winter he modified one to a foldable one to test out next weekend.

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts
ALLTACKLE sold composite board a couple years ago and they flipped in anything more then 3" chop yes three inches, Keith had to buy them all back from the customers who bought them (me included) they were junk, not sure exactly what they were made out of but some type of composite.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Been fishing pvc boards for 8 years. 75' line 4 rods ,run great added swimming pool floats after 1st year.that made them run much better.
I run these boards from my bimmi top with no problem. my curtins make it very stiff added 7/8 ss rods for support witch i monted 3 rod holders
only use when trolling.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts