Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking hard for a cople of Plano style boxes.
Does anyone know where I can find, or order from, a couple of Plano boxes that measure 14" x 9" x 2"? (I believe Plano calls this size the 3700) The catch is that I'm looking to find two of these with no dividers.
I'm in the Southern MD area.

Thanks,
Gregg

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I support TidalFish.
2,946 Posts
I have not found any of those or heard of Plano making them. However, I have taken a 3700 box and a Dremel tool and removed the dividers. Not real pretty but it works.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll keep looking

Thanks. I tried to do the same thing with a couple of them last week (but with out the Dremmel) and ended up cracking both boxes.
I can't imagine I'm the only one with a need for these. There must be a demand and they must be out there some where.

Gregg

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I have some 3" wide without dividers that I keep all my bags of BA and BKD's in that I believe I picked up at Dick's Sporting Goods in White Marsh last year. They are Plano Model 3731. Not sure if they had any 2" wide ones. BPS has a pretty wide selection of plastic boxes. If you Google Plano 3731 you will find some places to order them.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Drewzim,
I have some 3" thick boxws.
I don't recall the brand but I really like them because they even have a gasket making them leak proof.
Problem is my boat bag is set up for the 2" boxes and to go to 1 3" box means I can carry one less box. (4-2" boxes or 2-2" boxws and 1-3" box).
I'm still searching.

GScott

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Home Depot sells an orange carrier with 4 trays that slide in. They are divided in 4 rows and you can put the dividers where you want 'em. Cast is $9. Can't go wrong unless you are using them for light tackle with small swivels and the like.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bay JAM

Thanks Bay Jam but I'm looking for 1" deep 3700s with no dividers.
I need them to carry bags of soft plastics.
I realize there are alternatives but all my gear and tackle bags are set up for this size box.

Gregg

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks to all

Swartj,
I've looked and looked and have given up.
Tonight I "dremmeled" the dividers and it worked fantastic.
I appreciate everyone's help.

GScott

1 - 10 of 10 Posts