Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't seen any posts of catches near Plantstion Light nor at night near the High Rise at the CBBT. Are these areas just dead? Has anyone even tried the CBBT at night eeling the High Rise area?

·
Registered
94 Posts
We left Lynnhaven early yesterday and ran to the Eastern Shore. Passed a few dozen boats at Pl as well as 38. We ran to 42 and drifted for several hours with dozens of boats there as well. NADA. probably saw at least 150 boats all day and never saw a bent rod. Heard of a few caught on the radio but mostly it was negative reports . Did hear the bite was good Thursday.
The guys from Long Bay Point said they weighed in some nice fish the day before from night eelers at the high rise. Think I'll give that a shot next week.
Dan

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You provide eels and ice and I'll provide big center console and gas. I'm free all nights but man tomorrow night looks good.

·
Registered
192 Posts
The fish are still up north. On the ocean side they are in Maryland and making there way south, the warm weather has kept them from finding the bay. In the Chesapeake bay, fish are concentrated from 42 north all the way to 68. We've caught only a few around 38 and 40. With this warm weather. The high rise and location south of 42 won't see much action. There are tons of juvenile rocketing and decent fish 30+ lbs. some days are good some aren't, but your best chance to catch is 40 miles north of lunnhaven inlet.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I went out Thursday to drift eels. We stayed most of the day around 38A. There wasn't much tide movement. We had no pick-ups. As said NADA

1 - 6 of 6 Posts