Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
REALLY NEED YOUR HELP! EASY TO SIGN ONLINE PETITION.
To Sign Click on the Link Longcreekwetlands.com :help:

WE'RE ALREADY AT 481 & THE PETITION IS ONLY A WEEK OLD1!!!

The city won't tell us the full USAGE of the transfer site -- but they already sent the application to VMRC - before you know it.... it's full speed ahead -- this is not the place for the creation of a permanent industrial mechanical dredge spoils transfer site -- and a permanent truck route behind homes - on a good day 15-17 round trips (30-34 barges on Long Creek) & 50-60 tandem trucks - round trips daily (100-120 total on Great Neck Rd.) and it's all coming from someplace else - they just won't tell us from where......

1. Please sign the petition - your help is appreciated!
2. Look around the site -- you can HEAR our government at work on the website - BAC meeting, civic league meetings, radio & TV interviews......

The map below shows Long Creek - a Virginia Beach waterway that is surrounded by 4 established neighborhoods which also connects several other communities and bodies of water that leads to the Chesapeake Bay.

Attachments

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support TidalFish.com!
7,173 Posts
Scoutfinch1998: I wish you luck with your petition but it belongs on the Conservation and Policy Board, not on the Crabbing Board or the Chesapeake Fishing Board. Maybe it's just me but it's starting to become really annoying. This may affect a lot of people and I'm all for improving the Bay but it appears to be a localized issue.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Scoutfinch1998: I wish you luck with your petition but it belongs on the Conservation and Policy Board, not on the Crabbing Board or the Chesapeake Fishing Board. Maybe it's just me but it's starting to become really annoying. This may affect a lot of people and I'm all for improving the Bay but it appears to be a localized issue.
I'm sorry that you feel this way - we have contacted many local crabbers and they have said that they were very concerned about this issue. That's why I put it on the crabbing board. Also, there is a big crabbing spot in the exact area that the dredge site is going. Many families crab along their docks here. It's the same forum started a month ago - I just updated it to show the count. I see crabbers pass
thru here all day long -- one or two crabbers put their pots on the beach during different seasons -- they stack 'em up - so the area is
being used by commercial crabbers, too....... I guess you're not familiar with the area?

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support TidalFish.com!
7,173 Posts
If Brandon is fine with this and I must assume he is because it's been going for a long time, then I simply don't understand why some posts are moved to C&P even off-season and others are not. One of those great life mysteries. Play on.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If Brandon is fine with this and I must assume he is because it's been going for a long time, then I simply don't understand why some posts are moved to C&P even off-season and others are not. One of those great life mysteries. Play on.
Thanks.....We're hoping this goes away soon - with nearly 1000 people -you'd think someone would have stopped this mess by now.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We're over 1300 on the petition to stop the sludge site on long creek in va beach

Over 1300 people have signed the petition! :clap:

Right now:
It's stalled at VMRC until the City of Va Beach "gets a plan" for the site

August 3rd - 2pm - City Hall - Board of Zoning Appeals - our chance to be seen and be heard at a LOCAL HEARING! Your support is needed

Council requested a study by the Beaches and Waterways Commission - We have a lot of unanswered questions - Waiting to see how this proceeds.

Get updates and Sign the Petition at LongCreekWetlands

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts