Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to SPSP at around noon. Once we launched the boat, we headed straight for Podickory to find some spot, and they were all pretty jumbo. But we thought big bait for big fish. At around 3 we went to the dumping grounds since we heard some reports there. However we did not get a single nibble for 3 hours. So we decided to follow the fleet and head to LV Pt. We made the right decision to move, in 10 minutes of our location we got 3 fish. The party of 4 on the boat limited out within an hour or so. The fish ranged in the 24-30" range. Overall a pretty good day.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,143 Posts
Great report.That's exactly the way it was when they reopened the striped bass season from 1990-1993 after the moratorium at LP for live liners. A good ole days fishing story revisited today. Hope it lasts awhile. There were so many boats fishing over there, you would have to sometimes push the boat next to you away to squeeze your net between your boats to dip the fish.It was a fishing boat traffic jam like you've never imagined. It was a real zoo over there. The real problem was that many boats were too lazy to look for their own school of fish.Instead, they would follow a charter boat around , wait for them to find the fish, then pile on. If they would just hunt for their own school of fish, they could learn some thing in the process. It's not that hard. Just drive slow and keep your eyes peeled to you DF screen. There were more schools out there and no need to pile on like there was only one school. I was lucky, I had a small boat with no name and I didn't stand out like a charter/guide boat. You did good. Thanks for the report. Best report I've read in a looong time. The greatest way to hunt for bigger stripers. I'll be out there..".reel" soon.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Awesome! Those fish look fat! Congratulations, and thanks for the report.

·
Registered
11,143 Posts
I got some eels , looked at the Bay Bridge and headed out of the creek. I turned on the weather station and it said. Small craft warnings from Poole's island to Chesapeake Beach. Winds 8-33kts.today and tomorrow. It's hard to read fish in 3-4 footers on my sonar screen.I put the boat back in the slip and will wait til the winds subside. I fish Monday thru Friday. There's bound to be atleast 1 good day in 5.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Was on the BB around 12noon Sunday and counted 18 boats anchored up between the BB and the Dumping Ground near the pipe. Could not see if any were hooked up but they were concentrated together. Nice Catch :thumbup:

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
1,699 Posts
Great report

·
Registered
77 Posts
Was on the BB around 12noon Sunday and counted 18 boats anchored up between the BB and the Dumping Ground near the pipe. Could not see if any were hooked up but they were concentrated together. Nice Catch :thumbup:
Where is the dumping ground?

I fish love point sometimes, and crab on the Magothy.

·
Registered
11,143 Posts
Where is the dumping ground?

I fish love point sometimes, and crab on the Magothy.
Betwixt Love Point & the BB. Not a swinging boat there when I passed through the neighborhood yesterday. That tells me what they caught the day before.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts