Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading about no water at Buzz's the other day, my brothers and I were thinking about launching from PLO instead. Reading the PLO webpage from the DNR it sounds like you have to have a "Maryland Pass" in order to use the ramp after December 15. Am I misinterpretting it?

Chuck

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
The water being out of the creek was not limited to our marina. It was the western side of the bay. This was due to two days of gale force west winds. What happened the other day according to the locals was a first in the history of the creek as far as any of them could ever remember. When something like that happens PLO is in the same shape, being on the same side of the Bay. If you are ever wondering what the water levels are like prior to making the drive, don't hesitate to call first. 301-872-5887 Christy

·
Registered
552 Posts
Christy is absolutely CORRECT!!!!!!!

I went out of PLO on Tuesday and the water level was extremely low. I have never seen it that low but I rarely ever put out of PLO. I had a very difficult time loading my boat on the trailer coming in. I went out of PLO to put me closer to the action but Buzz'z would be the same condition. You should be okay after XMAS.

South was the way to go. I ran 22 miles to find the fish but it was worth it.

Frank
"Skirtchaser"

·
Premium Member
26,107 Posts
PLO ramp has numbered parking spots.You can put the $10.00 fee in an evenlope - write your parking spot # on it and your tag # - then put it in the courtesy box to the left of the ramp.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Skip,

Thanks for straightening me out.

Christy,

In that case we'll see you Friday! Last week Mike told me that there was a guy that brought oysters on the weekends, any chance he is planning to come Friday?

Chuck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts