Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning,
I am looking to upgrade the electronics on my bay boat. I want Garmin since I am very familiar with the product.
Something 7-10 inch screen. With a transom mount transducer. Want a really good transducer.
I saw some guys on another thread talking about using their units for oystering.
I will be fishing, crabbing and oystering with the boat.

Thank you,
Austin

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I've got a 1042xsv on my boat, which I like. Going to install a 2nd this winter and incorporating side scan. The primary reason for picking that unit was because I didn't want touch screen. Deciding which display works for you will largely be determined by budget and personal preference.
I agree with getting a good transducer. But if you want a really good one, it won't be transom mount.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok great. Unfortunately transom mount is only option on my boat.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Got a garmin 93 4 yrs ago and had an airmar thru hull installed by BOE . They strongly recommended the best transducer and the unit screen has been really sharp. I didn't want the touch screen to avoid smudges especially after cutting bait. Screen changes using the rocker switch are fast and easy. Never needed to read a manual since unit is so easy to use and adjust.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Click on Picture to View
TShort Video on a Garmin 9" ECHOMAP UHD

Maximize Your Time on the Water
View attachment 280327
Hi Tom, I'm the guy who snagged your lost rod/reel at the power plant many years ago. I don't boat anymore, or fish.
Too much sun damage from many many years on the water.
I only logged into tidalfish to see if it was still here, and I saw your name, and wanted to say hello. it would have been nice to see superfish, or graybeards name also...Jim

·
Tidal Fish Commercial Subscriber - I support Tidal
4,762 Posts
Hello Jim. Thank you for the thought. I'm very blessed and still fishing and guiding.

I have added - Radar Setting-Up and Understanding the Features - for my clients on Guided Trips This Year.
LOWRANCE / GARMIN / RAYMARINE / SIMRAD / FURUNO / HUMMINBIRD

For those who want to ‘Maximum Your Time on the Water’ - Fully - consider purchasing a Fishfinder/Chartplotter unit that is capable of adding dome or array radar now or in the future.

Example: If you’re purchasing a new Garmin check the chart (some older units also work):

If you want a Garmin Dome Radar there is a Garmin Fantom 18x/24x Dome Radar (not shown on chart). The features in yellow are very important when locating birds. If you have any questions please concerning Dome or Array Radar contact me at 1st) [email protected] or 2nd) Text me at 443-690-3164.
Light Product Rectangle Font Line

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Hummingbird pioneered the side scan technology. I think they still do it the best. I have been on boats with all of the big 3. That said I use garmin products, and have no complaints. I have 93sv

1 - 11 of 11 Posts