Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was not an honest mistake - unless you transport your fish under the hood of your car.

Great job - DNR officers , :thumbup: now let's hope the judge levies stiff fines.

Acting on a tip last Sunday, officers arrested three recreational fishermen on the Matapeake Pier on Kent Island after watching them catch and keep striped bass before the start of the season.
Omar Antonio Contreras Susa, 27, of Silver Spring, received two citations for fishing in a closed season. Officers found two striped bass wrapped in a white plastic bag in the engine compartment of his vehicle.
Jin Zhi Yan, 32, of Manassas, Va., and Francisco Diaz Melendez, 43, of Hyattsville, each received one citation. Officers found one striped bass in a plastic bag under a wooden bench on the pier and the other in the rear passenger compartment of the vehicle driven by Melendez.
All three men are scheduled to appear in Queen Anne's District Court on July 1. Each charge carries a maximum penalty of $1,000. In addition, state law allows additional penalties of $1,500 per fish for the first offense.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Dios Mios, que pasa? In Mexico, they keep all the fish and drugs. License, we don't need no stupid license.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Good job DNR.
What disgusts me a lot is when these cases involve poachers attempting to hide the fish......
obviously they knew what they were doing was wrong.

hit him hard with those fines

·
Premium Member
8,174 Posts
The ones under the hood would be "Poached" when the guy got hiome.. get it, 'poached' hha ha

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Hmm - I wonder if they saw them put the fish in the vehicle or if the dirty rotten scoundrels gave them permission to search their vehicles....

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Would have been a lot easier on the legal system if the DNR officer had just tossed all three of them off the end of the pier. :oops:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Is this politically correct? .... "being politically correct is like trying to pick up a piece of dog **** by the clean end" .... :hysterical:

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Didn't I hear about this on RND's 680 am show?.....I wonder if they were friends or just both doing it.....obvioussly judging my names some were Asian and some were Hispanic.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
http://www.tidalfish.com/forums/showthread.php/325121-Feds-indict-EEZ-rec-poachers-under-Lacey-Act!

The striped bass poachers listed in the press releases at the link above are all "good old boys" and there was much less T-fish outrage for these charter boat operations killing large number of spawners illegally and dumping them over the side when approached by authorities.

The rec and charter fishing fleet out of VA poached thousands of overwintering striped bass breeding stock over the years from the US EEZ before the federal hammer fell on the charter captains (because the commerce aspect triggered Lacey Act), in contrast to some of these local busts of a few guys fishing out of a johnboat or off a fishing pier to poach younger, non-breeder fish.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I don't care who they are, what their name is, where they were born, what their native language, who they sleep with, or weather it is commercial or recreational. Throw the book at poachers and make examples out of them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
no comprendo senor

Can be no doubt they knew what they were doing.
No need for that. White man, poachers who should know better, if they read English, are the ones who are taking rockfish out the Bay by the 100,000's of fish.. They caught a couple white folk, who sold $500,000 worth of fish... now multiply that by 100.

Of course these minority guys did wrong, but you white guys are so quick to laugh and make fun of them, when the real culprits are white and take out illegal rockfish by the 100,000's

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dios Mios, que pasa? In Mexico, they keep all the fish and drugs. License, we don't need no stupid license.
No need for that. White man, poachers who should know better, if they read English, are the ones who are taking rockfish out the Bay by the 100,000's of fish.. They caught a couple white folk, who sold $500,000 worth of fish... now multiply that by 100.

Of course these minority guys did wrong, but you white guys are so quick to laugh and make fun of them, when the real culprits are white and take out illegal rockfish by the 100,000's

1 - 20 of 34 Posts