Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were out on the Susquehanna today, on the Port Deposit side and 2 fillets Rockfish carcasses floated by. I guess it's only illegal if you get caught?

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Sunday morning DNR was up there checking boats just below the twin rocks. They spent a good bit of time hopping from boat to boat. I kinda wondered about the guys who decided it was time to leave and fish another spot just as the officers showed up.
They stopped by our boat and we chatted for a few minutes. I knew 2 of the 3 that were on the boat. They were just doing safety checks, didn't ask to open the cooler.
Is it illegal to transport RF to closed waters? If not, it's possible the angles boated down and fished legal waters.
It's possible I guess, but those fish were VERY fresh, like maybe an hour dead.

I thought you were presumed innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around. Did it change? Now you have to prove you're innocent?
Also very easily could have been filleted at the Perryville ramp by someone who had returned from legally fishing the flats, right?
Perryville is way below where I saw the carcasses.
What are the fines for an illegal RF fish compared to an illegal Blue?
Same for both as far as I know. I don't actively fish for them, if I get one, it's a bonus.

Anyhoo, they really stirred the water up yesterday too with putting more generators online. It's probably worse now with the storms last night.

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Longtail does alot of fishing. His main stopping grounds is tidalfish. Don't bite, he doesn't catch.
And I'd like to thank you for not quoting him since I have him binned.

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
In 1995 we ran off and got married in The Keys. There were Cubans camping on every bridge keeping everything they caught. I got into it with a Florida game warden when he insinuated that I was the one that had killed several moray eels. Then proceeds to tell me that there's nothing he can do. I said that you could call INS. I was not amused.

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·

Violator's list rec and comm
Looks like a LOT of oyster poaching going on. The worst part is I know 2 of those clowns. No need to worry about me going for oysters, I don't eat the nasty assed things. Like my buddy's dad said, "I don't eat the bait."

• Haha
Reactions: dban520

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I love oysters!! As far as commercial poaching violations, it's the same names that come up time after time. I guess the fines are the cost of doing business. Need more deterrent..........Gary
I'll save mine for you! :p

Reactions: crabby and son

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Good for you means more for me. Cause I fish for the table and hunt for the table.
Last years total of White perch harvested was 417, ALL were eaten during the winter. The kids harvested 86 deer, ALL but 3 were donated to feed the hungry. Before anyone goes there, we have a farm and have crop damage permits and no, I don't allow anyone to hunt the property. The last time I did one of my cows was shot at.

Reactions: O sea D

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
shot a cow were do the idiots come from
I had a friend who invited one of his friends, that ended ANYONE ever hunting the property again. He's damn lucky he didn't hit it because I'd have probably gone to jail. M lost it, cussed him till a fly wouldn't land on him.

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
How do you manage to MISS a cow?
He was too far away to ID what it was he was shooting at is how he damn near hit the cow. The cow got out of the paddock and wandered down to the lower field where the grass is always better.

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Where is your farm Rob? Just curious.I don't hunt.
In southern Harford county, one of the 4 remaining farms that far south. My folks bought it in 1965.

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Sounds like you got it made. You have everything you need. All you need is a little salt. (y) Good for you! Feeling a little better this morning Rob. I'm still a little weak but I'm going to go to the shallow water area from shore and give it a try. Fishing equipment for this morning is, Water, cookies, inhaler, Bottle of ice for fish, and Gulp 2.5" Minnows in a little bottle in my pocket, one rod, and the green bucket. Hope to be back home by 10:00 or 11:00.
If I had everything I needed, I'd be retired. The farm is still my folks until they're gone which is coming fast.

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Fat Bastard has his eyes on the White House. He won't be getting my vote.

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Did you know the Jones ?
Yep and the Hubers. Their farms are a lot larger than ours. My folks is 22 acres, the neighbors is 43.

Reactions: Capt.Nick
1 - 13 of 13 Posts