Tidal Fish Forum banner
41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
15,080 Posts
Looks like a LOT of oyster poaching going on. The worst part is I know 2 of those clowns. No need to worry about me going for oysters, I don't eat the nasty assed things. Like my buddy's dad said, "I don't eat the bait."
I love oysters!! As far as commercial poaching violations, it's the same names that come up time after time. I guess the fines are the cost of doing business. Need more deterrent..........Gary

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I love oysters!! As far as commercial poaching violations, it's the same names that come up time after time. I guess the fines are the cost of doing business. Need more deterrent..........Gary
I'll save mine for you! :p

Reactions: crabby and son

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Lol. You should check out sandy point at sunset. Plenty of Hispanic boat owners. For some reason they like to launch at dark with fishing poles.
Not sure if you're being serious, but Sandy point and high traffic ramps aren't good examples, unless to serve as an example of heavily patrolled ramps that still see poaching.
But having been in the boat business for decades, I've only had a handful of hispanic clients.

My point remains, as I've mentioned before, I'd bet anything in the world there are a LOT of people that think no more of keeping illegal fish than someone that will have a couple beers with dinner and getting behind the wheel.
Look around next time you're in a bar/restaurant. They all walking? Every one got a DD? Calling Uber? I think not.
And it's inarguable that drinking and driving has more dire consequences than keeping illegal fish.

·
Registered
15,080 Posts
Not sure if you're being serious, but Sandy point and high traffic ramps aren't good examples, unless to serve as an example of heavily patrolled ramps that still see poaching.
But having been in the boat business for decades, I've only had a handful of hispanic clients.

My point remains, as I've mentioned before, I'd bet anything in the world there are a LOT of people that think no more of keeping illegal fish than someone that will have a couple beers with dinner and getting behind the wheel.
Look around next time you're in a bar/restaurant. They all walking? Every one got a DD? Calling Uber? I think not.
And it's inarguable that drinking and driving has more dire consequences than keeping illegal fish.
That is exactly why judges are throwing out a lot of poaching cases. Its not as bad as armed robbery but a law is a law and you can't pick out the ones you want to enforce. When I first got on the police dept, we just made a drunk driver park his car and find another way home. Things changed and people died so enforcement changed. Don't make laws if you don't want to inforce them. Can't pick and choose.........Gary

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Police certainly can pick and choose, they do it every day. But I totally agree that lawmakers should be making laws that do not criminalize normal behavior. The drinking age of 18 is a perfect example.

Pat

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
That is exactly why judges are throwing out a lot of poaching cases. Its not as bad as armed robbery but a law is a law and you can't pick out the ones you want to enforce. When I first got on the police dept, we just made a drunk driver park his car and find another way home. Things changed and people died so enforcement changed. Don't make laws if you don't want to inforce them. Can't pick and choose.........Gary
I won't argue with that.
Only point I was making is that I don't subscribe to the notion that Hispanics are the problem.
There are a heluva lot more Anglo's fishing, and I'm betting that a surprising percentage don't care any more about keeping an illegal fish than they do about pounding a few beers while running the boat.

·
Registered
15,080 Posts
I won't argue with that.
Only point I was making is that I don't subscribe to the notion that Hispanics are the problem.
There are a heluva lot more Anglo's fishing, and I'm betting that a surprising percentage don't care any more about keeping an illegal fish than they do about pounding a few beers while running the boat.
I agree with that but the only tangible evidence I see is the DNR Blotter which is 90% Hispanic. I also see them on the shores of the Potomac while I'm fishing and every fish caught goes in a bucket. Most are protected. Years ago I took my Son trout fishing in Arlington for a Cub Scout merit badge. After it was stocked I couldn't buy a fish. A guy told me the Spanish guys put a net across the stream an run all the fish into it at 2 in the morning every year. That's what my post was based on. The Eastern Shore where you live is different. I need to get by and see you and your new buildings. You sure are putting out some beautiful boats............ Gary

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I agree with that but the only tangible evidence I see is the DNR Blotter which is 90% Hispanic. I also see them on the shores of the Potomac while I'm fishing and every fish caught goes in a bucket. Most are protected. Years ago I took my Son trout fishing in Arlington for a Cub Scout merit badge. After it was stocked I couldn't buy a fish. A guy told me the Spanish guys put a net across the stream an run all the fish into it at 2 in the morning every year. That's what my post was based on. The Eastern Shore where you live is different. I need to get by and see you and your new buildings. You sure are putting out some beautiful boats............ Gary
I might be from the Shore, but I get around. Definitely not an ES thing.

And thank you, sir. The doors always open.

·
Registered
766 Posts
If you're the Baltimore City SA you can!

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Good for you means more for me. Cause I fish for the table and hunt for the table.
Last years total of White perch harvested was 417, ALL were eaten during the winter. The kids harvested 86 deer, ALL but 3 were donated to feed the hungry. Before anyone goes there, we have a farm and have crop damage permits and no, I don't allow anyone to hunt the property. The last time I did one of my cows was shot at.

Reactions: O sea D

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Last years total of White perch harvested was 417, ALL were eaten during the winter. The kids harvested 86 deer, ALL but 3 were donated to feed the hungry. Before anyone goes there, we have a farm and have crop damage permits and no, I don't allow anyone to hunt the property. The last time I did one of my cows was shot at.
shot a cow were do the idiots come from

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
shot a cow were do the idiots come from
I had a friend who invited one of his friends, that ended ANYONE ever hunting the property again. He's damn lucky he didn't hit it because I'd have probably gone to jail. M lost it, cussed him till a fly wouldn't land on him.

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
I want to know how you know one of your cows were shot at? They tell ya?

you shot and consumed 86 deer? Partridge and Brady bunch combined? I think your gonna need a kennel license

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
How do you manage to MISS a cow?
He was too far away to ID what it was he was shooting at is how he damn near hit the cow. The cow got out of the paddock and wandered down to the lower field where the grass is always better.

41 - 60 of 86 Posts