Tidal Fish Forum banner
61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Not sure if you're being serious, but Sandy point and high traffic ramps aren't good examples, unless to serve as an example of heavily patrolled ramps that still see poaching.
But having been in the boat business for decades, I've only had a handful of hispanic clients.

My point remains, as I've mentioned before, I'd bet anything in the world there are a LOT of people that think no more of keeping illegal fish than someone that will have a couple beers with dinner and getting behind the wheel.
Look around next time you're in a bar/restaurant. They all walking? Every one got a DD? Calling Uber? I think not.
And it's inarguable that drinking and driving has more dire consequences than keeping illegal fish.
Oh I’m definitely being serious. Unless your business was selling 30 year old busted up bayliners, you wouldn’t notice the traffic. Too bad dnr isn’t ever around that time of evening because the lack of nav lights and kids without life jackets is alarming. If you don’t believe me, it’s easy to head there and check it out for yourself.

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Where is your farm Rob? Just curious.I don't hunt.
In southern Harford county, one of the 4 remaining farms that far south. My folks bought it in 1965.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
In southern Harford county, one of the 4 remaining farms that far south. My folks bought it in 1965.
Sounds like you got it made. You have everything you need. All you need is a little salt. (y) Good for you! Feeling a little better this morning Rob. I'm still a little weak but I'm going to go to the shallow water area from shore and give it a try. Fishing equipment for this morning is, Water, cookies, inhaler, Bottle of ice for fish, and Gulp 2.5" Minnows in a little bottle in my pocket, one rod, and the green bucket. Hope to be back home by 10:00 or 11:00.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Oh I’m definitely being serious. Unless your business was selling 30 year old busted up bayliners, you wouldn’t notice the traffic. Too bad dnr isn’t ever around that time of evening because the lack of nav lights and kids without life jackets is alarming. If you don’t believe me, it’s easy to head there and check it out for yourself.
I'll take your word for it.
And it also supports my original point of no no enforcement = no deterrent.
Here we have a shocking, known issue beyond poaching (no lights, no jackets?!) 15 minutes from DNR headquarters and no one has put a stop to it.

As I've mentioned before, I'm not knocking the NRP. They're understaffed and underfunded. But when everyone on the water knows that, this is what you get.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Ex
Here we have a shocking, known issue beyond poaching (no lights, no jackets?!) 15 minutes from DNR headquarters and no one has put a stop to it.

As I've mentioned before, I'm not knocking the NRP. They're understaffed and underfunded. But when everyone on the water knows that, this is what you get.
Have seen NRP, Park Rangers, etc AVOID interactions with certain groups.

Point Lookout, I'm talking to you...

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Sounds like you got it made. You have everything you need. All you need is a little salt. (y) Good for you! Feeling a little better this morning Rob. I'm still a little weak but I'm going to go to the shallow water area from shore and give it a try. Fishing equipment for this morning is, Water, cookies, inhaler, Bottle of ice for fish, and Gulp 2.5" Minnows in a little bottle in my pocket, one rod, and the green bucket. Hope to be back home by 10:00 or 11:00.
If I had everything I needed, I'd be retired. The farm is still my folks until they're gone which is coming fast.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Basic job of local government is to maintain our roads, bridges, parks, etc. I can’t even fish the early morning at some of my local state parks because they don’t open until 8 or 9. Can’t launch my kayak at Jonas green at sunrise anymore either. Probably in part due to a lack of staff, funding, etc.

Maryland has a budget of 10s of billions of dollars and can’t even fulfill the basic functions all of us want them to. And it’s because they spend to much of their time focusing on national politics, many of which they can’t really affect at a state or local level. It’s maddening.

If we had a politician that actually focused on our parks, enforcing hunting and fishing regulations, maintained our roads, made sure the MVA wasn’t such a damn mess, they’d get my vote 99% of the time. Instead, we have Hogan (and others like him on both sides) focused on furthering their career.

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Fat Bastard has his eyes on the White House. He won't be getting my vote.

·
Registered
94 Posts

I’m with you. I believe it’s a funding/staffing issue but also a political issue. I’m surprised they haven’t been called out for stereotyping or profiling.

61 - 80 of 86 Posts