Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my first pointing lab pup this weekend from a guy over near Federalsburg. He bred two dogs out of the Black Forest pointing lab kennel out in Colorado (go to www.pointinglabrador.com). They have some pretty good dogs in their background such as Trieven's Twist and Shout (grandfather on one side, and great grandfather on the other).

Make a long story short, this guy still has a good number of male pups. The litter was 13 pups, only one of which was female (& I claimed her!). They'll be 9 weeks on Monday.

If anyone is interested, please let me know and I will forward contact information. Hopefully I am not violating some kind of board ethics by posting this...just trying to help this guy find good hunting homes for these dogs. It'd be a shame to have these dogs turn into lap dogs.

By the way, my girl has already started retrieving and has made a few nice points on a chukar wing!

[smile]

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's a pic of my pup pointing a wing in the living room:

For those who don't know, pointing labs are 100% purebred labs, they just have a genetic disposition to point. Some kennels breed specifically for it...and I have to admit I was pretty impressed the first time she pointed!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am in Richmond and am planning a trip to the West to get a pointing lab. Maybe I do not have to go that far. Do you know the pedigrees, size, dispositions, certifications of the parents?

I already have a big yellow male, and was hoping to get a *****, but I would like to talk to the guy with the pups.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you will bmail me with your email address, I will send you an email address for the guy selling them.

They have excellent pointing lab pedigrees, he can tell you more.

The male is about 80 lbs and the female is about 70. Both appear to be very healthy all around.

I've attached a pic of the male dog, who is from predominantly american lines. The female has more of an english bred look to her, but is still athletic looking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.