Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished the little pond at Maydale Nature Center (Off Briggs Chaney Road, eastern Montgomery County). Took my 2 1/2 y.o. son with me. We both fished with Strike King Zulu's. He didn't cath anything, but he had some impressive casts for a toy fishing rod. I managed 5 small bass fishing weeds close to the shore. One of them caught on a small white buzzbait. I have never caught a fish over 10 inches in this pond, but there are a lot of little fish that appear to be pretty hungry. It was a fun trip. My son kept saying watch this whenever he would cast. And any time I catch a fish, he gets so excited, saying "A big bass". There were tons of good sized bluegill near shore as well. Next time, I may try my luck with worms an see if he can't catch one for himself.

Nothing impressive in the catch, but since S&K was chased off of here, there haven't been any reports. I guess I'll have to report whenever I get a chance to get out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The most impressive part of the report was that you took your boy fishing with you. He will never forget that.
God bless you, man.
Keep it up!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mgardner1,

I have taken my son, (2.5 as well) out to Cunningham Falls twice this year. When I hook a fish I let him do the reeling and he thinks he's hot Shi!!. His line while fishing is, "Catchin up a big bass." I think with starting them this young, we'll have some serious competition in the coming years. He has already borke his Sponge Bob rod , so I up graded him to a 5.5' Zebco, spincast. July will be smallmouth in NY and he is alreay talking about, "fishing on daddys boat."

Being a dad is such a great experience and so is catching some fish w/ your kid!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I took my 5yo son out on the Appomatox Monday night (7pm-9pm). He is a restless sort, but I like having him out on the water. Anyway, my 9yo daughter was working the back of the boat with a beetle spin, I was working the front, along the shore with everything I had, and I gave my son a nightcrawler on a bobber. Neither my daughter, nor I got a bite, but my son caught a 9 pound cat.
Great fight and he loved it.

I also had a fish finder rig on the opposite side of the boat, trolling the bottom with a night crawler and a shiner, not even a bite.

Heres to dads fishin with youngns!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts