Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got down to the area around 7am yesterday- lots of wind, lots of chop, lots of current, no birds, no bait, no fish. Fished a very nice rip by fairlee for a while then worked back up towards worton with bass assassins and crippled herring and didn't get so much as a nibble. without any bird activity locating the rips was tough with all the wind and chop so I wasn't very efficient out there.
I stopped by turkey point on the way back and there were birds working the dirty water line- I tried that for a while too and couldn't find anything but weeds.
Oh well- I had fun out there anyway. I only saw 2 or 3 other boats the whole day- I guess everyone else knew something I didn't.

Sounds like the fish are still farther south.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Don't feel bad Muddy W. I was one of the other boats out there between Pooles Is and TP. Same deal as you. Like you said though, it was a nice day on the water and I needed that. Came home completely relaxed! :yes:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was around Worton Pt. about a week and 1/2 ago, same deal, windy and no fish. Then last week I fished 3 times in the Bush and had better luck with 18"-191/2" size fish, casting rattle traps and Storm lures along some edges. Good luck out there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts