Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the afternoon around Smith Island - nothing. One small dogfish. Hit the high rise at dusk and eeled till 10PM. Nothing. Didn't see or hear of anyone grabbing any fish.

I knew there wasn't going to be any moon last night but you'd hope for something after 10 hours on the water. Guess its fishing...........

What really stunk was some guy on the radio around 4PM who must have gotten his line cut by a passing boat. He cursed out everyone and anyone on 68 with every cuss word he knew. He was screaming at the boat thru his VHF (like the other boat might be listening?????). Really stinks that especially during a week with kids around, that cr-p happens. His cursing must have kept up for a good 5 minutes before everyone else shouted him down.

·
Registered
78 Posts
We fished Smith Island to Ship Shoal with no stripes. Marked bait, fish and had diving gannets too. We did manage a nice flounder on a 6" Tomic. Was a beautiful evening ride home with a stupid fish in the box.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I heard that guy also, you can't fix stupid:nono::nono:,my kid was on board. I was south of the ramada in the birds lures bouncing off the menhaden still no knock-downs:yawn::yawn:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Late post here. Planned to head out Monday, tried to filet my thumb with a knife while getting the boat ready, (7 stiches), still planned to head out 4 hours after I got home from the hospital, woke up with the flu....so......we headed out Tuesday around 1500 from Fort Monroe, beautiful ride. Started on the oceanside and drifted with many others, no takers. After dark anchored at the HR with many others, lost the hook at around 2030 when the tide was starting to shift. Decided to move back to the oceanside after the curve, hooked up soon after the tide started to rip about 6 cranks off the bottom. Only one with a float. Nothing huge, took 3 fish home between 36-39". Had my neighbor aboard, not used to free spooling with the clicker, lost several, boated 5, good night on the water, my daughter got a 3 hour nap down in the cabin. Rode back at midnight as the blow started, not quite as nice as the ride out, lol.

Walter
"Reel Broke"
24' Trophy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts