Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't fish since the spring, thought maybe there might be some spanish around so decide to try to troll them up.

Went last Sunday for a couple hours trolled picked up a bunch of undersize rock and Blues and managed one nice 23" Mac.

Headed out this Saturday and the wind was kicking, came out of South River and headed east towards bloody. Love running the GB in this slop, did about 30mph across the bay, although some large rollers made me pull back on the throttles. Put out 3 roads with a number 1, number 2 and number 3 planer. Tried trolling for about on hour but it was just to rough. Wife and I decided to head to Mike's vs fight it any longer.

Headed back out on Sunday and ran south to Cheasepeake beach. Trolled all around first to fish to the boat were nice size rock, but just under the limit at 19.5. Caught a bunch of blues, hooked up one MAC but lost it 10 feet behind the boat. Seems they are out there an scattered heard someone picked up 7 near parkers creek.

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Macs took what lure?

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Thanks for the post! I have my 4 rod spread of small spoons with #1 &#2 planers, and I've been wanting to get a crack at the macs.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I killed the Spanish at breezy point last week, 35 feet of water, just outside of the reef. #1 drone spoons on inline planers. 8 Spanish, all over 19 inches and a few monster bluefish (all of which just came off the smoker). Once you find them, just figure 8 around the spot. I also caught a bunch of 18 and 19 inch Rock, which would have been great, last year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts