Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weather is looking like it may be good for a trip Thursday/ Friday. Anyone else thinking of heading out? Hoping to see if the Tuna are still out there.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Yes i am heading out first available weather window.Forecast is all over the place ,looks like some shorts windows possible.Like to overnight but gotta see what weather and schedule permits.Mark "Tightrope"

·
Registered
510 Posts
Sea Biscuit will be out there this weekend if weather is good. Will make call later in week as forecasts are updated.

If you go guys, be very careful of floating debris. There will probably be all sorts of bad stuff out there like trees, pilings, wood, or worse - containers from ships. Be safe!

·
Registered
973 Posts
Good call on first light run.The afternoon bite seems to have been the ticket recently anyway.Hoping for a break in weather to get out asap.Stumpknocker this is Mark on Tightrope.Text or call me if you wanna work together out there.4438220001.Watching thurs as well.You guys looking to troll chunk or both.Should have some good sat shots as weather is clearing.Maybe a report or 2 from the big boats as they may get a shot or two this week.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Mark, we are gonna try trolling first then hopefully switch to the chunk. I will send you a text on Wed, still watching the weather. Hard to believe after two weeks of wind we actually have a shot!!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Watching the weather closely as well. Meeting family down in Nags Head for a long weekend starting Friday and if the Wx is fishable offshore will be trailering the boat. Would love to get in on a nice fall tuna bite down to to fill up the freezer before focusing on rockfish the rest of the year. If anyone will be down there this weekend and Monday let me know and happy to work together to find the fish.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am looking at Thursday right now. Looks to be 10-15 with 2-3 ft waves 10 s period. Not bad for this time of year. It keeps changing though. Would be heading out of OCMD also most likely at first light due to debris.

·
Registered
973 Posts
What are you guys thinking of thurs right now.Im seeing long period swells and pretty good conditions.Has changed alot tho back and forth.What are your plans as of the current forecast?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Leaving OC inlet around 6am. Heading straight for the tip of the Washington. The conditions look as good as they can get considering all of the wind we had, and looks like more to come.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's my plan as well. Depending on weather, will probably try to stay out a bit later than normal since we will get a late start. What channel will you guys be on?

·
Registered
973 Posts
My crew is dwindling.Waiting to hear back from my last guy and im officially sol.Been waiting for weeks for a window.If anyone could use a set of hands and another head on expenses please let me know.Im used to being the captain and working the cockpit all day long,if i could be of use to anyone let me know.I can be anywhere anytime with money and ready to work.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I'm dealing with the same problem. I think tomorrow will be fishable. Those that go will catch and we will all be stuck at work reading about it. I've exhausted all of my options on crew and no such luck. No sense of urgency from anyone I know that this time of year if you can go you drop everything and go. Work on the weekends if you need to catch up! Looks like if we can't get out this week Sunday is the next window. I'm not holding my breath on that though. Reminds of last October. Didn't fish 1 damn time. Sorry for the rant...:censored:

·
Registered
973 Posts
I hear you.Everyone is a go until its go time!Cant be mad that others cannot drop everything but it sure is frustrating when you finally get the weather.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Good luck getting out - hoping sunday/mon pans out. Will look forward to reports - my guess is that they'll be hungry after all the weather we've had recently.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I hear you.Everyone is a go until its go time!Cant be mad that others cannot drop everything but it sure is frustrating when you finally get the weather.
Yeah I hear that man. Gotta love how the people that can't go always have a worse weather forecast than you as well. "Yeah well it's not going to be that nice anyway." :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts