Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
18,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I am working on a design for the center console and leaning post (thinking of doing an integrated cooler tackle station leaning post style) for my new rig and would love to see the layouts and designs of every ones. Looking for general lay out of the steering wheel, throttle, electronics etc... and the overall leaning post.

If you have some pictures please post. If you need help posting pictures see this thread on How to Post Pictures and if you still have problems PM me and I will help.

Thanks!
Brandon

·
Administrator
18,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will you take a shot of the driving side of the console a little further back so I can see the whole thing. It looks like a nice set up

Are your screens at a 90 degree angle or angled back some? Do you have a cover that goes over your two screens when you are not on it? I am thinking of doing something similar to what you have there with the screens with a solid removable cover so when I am parked or at the dock I can put the cover on and lock it.

Is that a bait cutting station on the front of the console that folds down?

Thanks for posting!
Brandon

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'll take some more pictures, no problem.

I would say the screens are angled back a little. Not 90 degree. I have the factory Garmin screen covers for the units and a custom fitted console cover. I do not have a clear plastic screen cover like Sea Vee uses or Contender. I'm not sure how I would like a removable cover. To me it's just another thing to stow or worry about breaking. Here is a thread on THT about the same subject.

http://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-forum/247568-new-contender-instrument-pannel.html

The one in the THT thread is nice because it slides back in the console and isn't removable. I do question water intrusion to the console with that setup.

Yes, there is a fold down bait cutting table in the leaning post. There are 4 drawers below the cutting board.

·
Administrator
18,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for shooting some pics.

Thanks for the link. I like that set up a lot. The water intrusion could be an issue, but probably no more then if I had something that was removable. If it has/had a rubber band around the sides that might help.

Thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts