Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Snow is coming down pretty good here in Suffolk, work is slacked off due to the snow so im stuck in the house! soooooooo, i wanna see pictures of yalls trophy rooms or mounts!! Any mounts you want to share?! how about the stories that are behind the trophys you have mounted!?

·
Registered
14,338 Posts
Furniture Window Building Wood Lighting Argali Jaw Goat Sheep Goat-antelope Working animal Dog breed Ear Whiskers Snout Felidae Carnivore Small to medium-sized cats Cat Tree

Don't have a trophy room but do have some stuff in the living room.
Got several more in the basement but these are the best ones!

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Gary

you've got the one I'd love to have. The fullbody red fox. BEAUTIFUL ANIMAL

Nice blue crab and the buck in the middle with the tall brow tines is impressive.

Gribbin

Nice big mounts. Don't have anything that compares.

Chris

·
Registered
14,338 Posts
Gary

you've got the one I'd love to have. The fullbody red fox. BEAUTIFUL ANIMAL

Nice blue crab and the buck in the middle with the tall brow tines is impressive.

Gribbin

Nice big mounts. Don't have anything that compares.

Chris
Thanks Chris. Every one likes the fox! That one in the middle is an 11 point muzzle loader buck shot in Boyds, MD in 1999. It won 2nd place in the State that year and 1st place in Montgomery Co. It is in the Longhunter National recordbook. That is my best buck. I don't shoot any more bucks that will not score bigger than that one. Never know.......might get a bigger one but if I don't, I'm very happy with that one.....Gary

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nice lookin bucks gary and i like your room settup Gribbin, my girlfriend wants me to kill some birds to get them mounted like yours and have that room settup :p

·
Registered
311 Posts
These are my top three. The last one I'm still kicking myself for not mounting and may still do one day. Not very wide, but lots of character. All of these came from the same woods.

12 pt

8 pt

11 pt

·
Registered
227 Posts
Quick question, when you shoot a "wall hanger", do you just save the head with the neck meat and all or do you just save the head and just the skin? I always wondered how ya did it.

Dan

·
Registered
14,338 Posts
You have to know how to cape out the deer, leaving enough hide to make a shoulder mount. If you don't know what you are doing, you should take it to a butcher and tell him you want a shoulder mount. They know how to do it. If you take the deer to a taxidermist, they can do it as well but they prefer to get the head and cape..............Gary

·
Registered
839 Posts
I have mine hanging in the garage. I passed up several decent bucks this fall, i'm at the point where i don't really want to shoot a buck unless it's bigger than what i already have mounted. Like to get on a 150-160 class buck, but then again, who wouldn't, right? :D

Anything-Goes, i would definitely try to find a cape and mount that last rack........very nice, along with all the others everyone else posted.

Got another week of vacation coming up in Jan. to chase them, hopefully they haven't shed their racks by then.

·
Registered
14,338 Posts
Very nice.:thumbup: I am the same way. Only way I will shoot a buck is if it's bigger than I already have. Good practice. I'm just looking for food BUT if Bullwinkle shows up........he's done!..................Gary

·
Registered
839 Posts
Thanks Gary. I still enjoy shooting does, got a bad case of the shakes with the last one i shot earlier this month, so buck or not i still get plenty of enjoyment out of hunting and seeing deer. I've shot 2 big does so far this season, and i'll probably try to take 2 more through January. That should get me through til next fall.
February is brutal for me, only month of the year where i can't hunt or fish.........not looking forward to it.:((

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ya i hear that! jan feb and march are my months to save some money, no fishing or hunting for me :p then it busts wide open with turkey season :p

·
Registered
365 Posts
Thanks Gary. I still enjoy shooting does, got a bad case of the shakes with the last one i shot earlier this month, so buck or not i still get plenty of enjoyment out of hunting and seeing deer. I've shot 2 big does so far this season, and i'll probably try to take 2 more through January. That should get me through til next fall.
February is brutal for me, only month of the year where i can't hunt or fish.........not looking forward to it.:((
February is great for catfishing if you live near a big river.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Fresh shad is the best if you can catch it. frozen shad or cut eel works also. Not sure if the big blue cats are in your river. Check with a local bait shop.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Here are a couple of shots of my "rec room". I don't have a 10 point yet but got a few 8's. The fox was shot on our property after he ate a few of my mother in laws chickens. The 8 point head mount was shot in New York in 1994 the same week as the bear. The deer was 202 lbs and the heaviest buck shot in Franklin county that year. I shot the deer on Saturday, bear on Sunday and was in Haiti with my unit on Wednesday.

Steve

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.