Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EZ Loader bunk trailers. I'm continuing my quest to find the right boat trailer for my boat. I see that the EZ Loader's have a different kind of hub/bearing lubrication system; seems to have "oil" instead of grease, at least according to the brochure. Haven't heard of that one. I know it's a common brand, but so are some junky trailers. All opinions welcome and appreciated!

·
Registered
399 Posts
I had an EZ ruster. I cut it into pieces and sold the metal for scrap. I used bearing buddies with the trailer and the hubs were least of my problems with trailer. Seemed the more I washed it the more rust accumulated. Liguid oil resevoirs are just another thing. I purchased a Venture trailer about a year ago with rollers. Rollers ARE cheaper in most cases. I shopped for year before buying my new one. It came with ventures own version of bearing buddies and they work great.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have a performance bunk trailer and have been very happy with it. It is all aluminum and light weight. The ez loader that I had was also a rust bucket.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
From my understanding, oil was the it thing until people started to burn out hubs. The problem wasn't the oil, but if you get a leak crack or whatever, you'd lose the oil and burn out your bearings FAST. Because of this, I'm hearing many manufacturers have or are going back to grease.

As for the trailer, what's it for? Also, are you looking for an aluminum or galvanized and bunk or roller?

After looking at trailers for months, I just got a new tri axle aluminum bunk trailer from Loadrite. Not only did I get all the goodies (LED, discs on all axles, elect/hydro, etc), I got it at a great price. Plus it's the the Sure lube system.

Sure Lube Hub

Take a look at how it works. If I were you, I'd look for grease with something like the Sure lube for the hubs. That way you get fresh grease when ever you hit it with the grease gun.

- Dae

1 - 4 of 4 Posts