Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what is the word on that potential B&C Sika record that was taken back in September? Can't remember who it was, but am curious on the status.

mike

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well I just had the deer over at Fred Horn's place in Baltimore. After I had taken it to a couple shows I found that the rounded front left brow tine and the chipped left fork tine were a detriment to its official score. While the weight of 126.5 lbs. was definitely the heaviest taken from what Brian Eyeler at the DNR said, we were skeptical of the rack as it seemed shorter than the 16 or 17 " racks that can be found.

Well Fred gave it a score of 54, he told me he had to deduct 3 6/8 (3.75) from the total because of the earlier mentioned flaws. To book it had to be 50, so I'm glad about it making book. Fred then told me because it was shot with a bow that it could be a top trophy becasue there were few trophy sika taken with bow, and only one in the county mine was taken, Wicomico.

He told me that it was important for me to come to the Maryland Big Buck contest next August because of its score and the fact that it was a bow kill.

Has anybody been out to Frederick for this show and contest? Please let me know if its worth going?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I entered a whitetail in the contest/show a couple years ago that I shot on taylors island and won dorchester county. Its pretty intersting to see all the deer from the different counties. I would recommend going to it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think I am going to go, I have to wait until 2006 when the 04-05 deer are allowed. I just got my certificate today and will use it when I go. The guy told me that its a great time and that its probably going to at least place for Wicomico county. thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts