Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I might have seen 6 or 7 bass boats, maybe that many waterfowl hunters, and 1 cat man. The cat man was me when I saw my reflection in the water. 6lb, 16, 19, 20, and then about a dozen more under ten pounds. Just about as pretty a day as could be asked for at the end of December. Missed 3 good bites and finally found where the big ones seem to be located. Gonna take a week off so the wife can settle down. I was supposed to be home at 1pm and finally made it by 5:30pm. Sometimes its a shame to have to go home. Probably saw 2 dozen deer feeding on the ride home. Left the fish with a healthy bite starting but I figured I would like a New Years kiss so I decided to hit the road. Hope everyone has a safe and happy New Year. The info on the other thread did help me today. Used self-widened to 1 inch gap Daichi 7/0 hooks and caught all 3 larger fish with this method. Thanks again for all the 411 yesterday in the other Potomac fishing thread. I will be looking forward to getting back out there ASAP but with three teenagers & Christmas the well has taken a massive HIT($$$). Until next time---jonnycat

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well Russ, I guess the word is out and will get out farther. At this time I am happy to know that the pressure is rather minimum. Thanks to the computer the word will travel and sooner or later the record will be broken. I only hope that I'm the next in line for that fact. Later for now---jonnycat

·
Registered
50 Posts
I fished the Potamac New Years Eve and had 5 fish over 20 lbs. 21,22,24,24 and 25 lbs. all within the first 1.5 hours. Also had three others smaller in the high teens. Then went hunting for bigger fish, but found none. All this on my first trip to this river. I wish I knew this sooner,as I only live 10 min. from the river.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's a good report for sure. Where did you launch from? I'm hoping to get down near the 301 bridge on one of the next few outings. My biggest complaint till now is that most of the ramps are daylight hours only. During the winter months this is not a ral concern but I'm a night owl and would rather fish at night. The wife leaves for work by 6am or so and I have to be home by then. As the spring months come I will be looking forward to nights proir to the spawn. Thanks again for the report Oran. Hope to see you out there soon. Keep us posted on your future results. Later for now---jonnycat

1 - 7 of 7 Posts