Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished today with my brother, got a late start due to him getting caught in traffic on the Beltway. Got lines in below Ragged Pt right about the time the tide went slack. We were marking loads of good-sized marks and some bait balls, so we stayed in the area and waited for the bite to turn on. We fished until 4pm and the finder was almost constantly lit up with fish at 15-20', but the bite never really turned on. We wound up with a 28", a 20" and two small throwbacks. Two hit a Stretch Mannhaden WWB, one hit a Spoonbrella with two 6" Storms and one hit a white single parachute. Not a great deal of action for as many fish as we saw, but we did have fresh rockfish for dinner.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Fished today with my brother, got a late start due to him getting caught in traffic on the Beltway. Got lines in below Ragged Pt right about the time the tide went slack. We were marking loads of good-sized marks and some bait balls, so we stayed in the area and waited for the bite to turn on. We fished until 4pm and the finder was almost constantly lit up with fish at 15-20', but the bite never really turned on. We wound up with a 28", a 20" and two small throwbacks. Two hit a Stretch Mannhaden WWB, one hit a Spoonbrella with two 6" Storms and one hit a white single parachute. Not a great deal of action for as many fish as we saw, but we did have fresh rockfish for dinner.
I was skinny water LT fishing the Rapp this Sunday. When crossing the river I marked a lot of deeper water fish and what looked like bait. I did not see too many people catching either. School size fish are starting to show in the shallows now pretty good.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts