Discussion Starter #1
Date: 5/04/05
Launch Site: Ft. Washington
Weather: Cloudy/Some light Rain to Mostly Cloudy
Wind: 5-10 MPH
Air Temperature: 49-60 Degrees
Water Temperture: 54-61 Degrees
Water Color: Stained to muddy

We started the day by launching at Ft.Washington, which is a good mid-way point to launch on the Potomac.

We left at 7:00 AM and headed to the "Spoils". When we got there we found 5 boats fishing in a tournament and several more arrived in the next half an hour. It didn't matter at all though, as the bass were on a specific pattern and we caught 5 bass from 2.1 to 3.0 pounds from the left shore near the Island on a Rat-L-Trap and a Lucky Craft Rick Clunn crankbait. While these were good bass, we were looking for larger fish as we needed real kickers for the upcoming B.A.S.S. events and the FLW tour soon after.

We left the Spoils around 9:00 AM and headed to "Blue Plains" and found one small bass but no real aggressive fish in the sizes we wanted. We left there and went to Little Hunting Creek, where Denny Brauer won a tournament fishing flooded pads and a dock in 1998, but we didn't like the look of the water in there, and the tide was really low at this point.

We headed to Pohick Bay where we found what we wanted.

We took 5 bass from 3.1 to 5.8 pounds on Yamamoto "IKA" tubes in smoke, on a 1/2 ounce Tungsten weight in green.

We stayed there until well after 1 PM, and then headed into Matawoman Creek by the ramp at Smallwood State Park.
The grass had already formed on the surface in many areas and the pads were up to about 80 % of their final height and fullness that they will have by July.
We were working the first set of pads across from the ramp and picked up the first bass on a crankbait and it went 3.5 pounds.
We fished Matawoman for 3 hours along with at least 15 other boats in tournaments and managed 4 bass from the area all going over 3 pounds.
It was a great day and we ended up with a 5 fish limit of 18.2 pounds for the day. A good start to finding the fish we need for the B.A.S.S. and FLW tour later in the year.

Until next time,
Tight Lines Steve and Kurt S&K Guide Service

www.anglersradio.com

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Just wondering

If - "We took 5 bass from 3.1 to 5.8 pounds on Yamamoto "IKA" tubes in smoke, on a 1/2 ounce Tungsten weight in green. "

How - "It was a great day and we ended up with a 5 fish limit of 17.6 pounds for the day"

My calculation at the minumum of:

Bass 1 - 3.1lbs
Bass 2 - 3.1lbs
Bass 3 - 3.1lbs
Bass 4 - 3.1lbs
Bass 5 - 5.8lbs

brings the total to 18.2lbs.

At least you got the sponsors names in there
[grin]

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just added wrong we were pretty tired that day. Thanks for adding it up. we were not in a tournament so it didn't matter. Just prefishing for a client and a angler from the FLW. People get tired sometimes and make mistakes adding after 5 days straight on the water. Thanks for adding it up correctly for us.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
My-My aren't we testy this morning.

You call me a jerk? For questioning what you wrote? Do you know me?

You call Ken Penrod a Liar? Do you have anything to back this up? If not you are boarding on slander.

Who are the other liars you speak of?

Didn't you get run off BFHP when people started questioning your "accurate" reports?

BTW - I've forwarded your post to Ken.

Have a great day!

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Damm Rob,
I don't think you're a jerk but I bet this guy does![grin][wink]

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Hey Chris - thanks for the back-up!

I forwarded the post to Ken and he replied back. (he doesn't think I'm a jerk either) I forwarded his message to Mr S&K at his request.

I was just making an observation, and questioning his report and the guy gets his panties all twisted up. He makes it seem as though I was doubting his results or something. It was peculiar how he remembered all the times and weights but then forgot the total at the end, now that he pointed it out.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
No problem, some people are particularly sensitive. TF ain't the place to be if you can't take getting F'ed with! Although that dig about the sponsors was sot of hard[wink][tongue]!

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
skguides
Subject: Re: Ken Penrod

You are just what I thought you were. A
computer fisherman from the BFHP. There
need be no more conversation now, you said
it all! Stay with you r I got one and Joe got
one stock reports if that helps you it doesn't
seem to help anyone else who spends 3 hours
searching for an accurate report and then
finally ends up with "Me and Joe went out
today and caught three". These are not "Stock
Reports" that we write. They are thr real
thing, and while you are at it, forward this to
all you BFHP friends as well without my
permission and see what happens. All those
guides pump out stock reports, EXCEPT us.
Now you won't get anymore. Go read about
hoe Joe got 2 on a crankbait by the bridge
pilings, and good luck catching them with that
info. Oh.. And you are a jerk.

Man this guy is a real professional.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And that shows your character as well. It was a private message. Just another reflection of what state the country is in and what type of morals and attitudes people have. Do you record conversations on the phone as well and send them to people??
These are the reasons why people don't want to help or go out of their way for people anymore. You should be ashamed of yourself. It will be a sad day, and probably not too far off, when most people are like you. Sad! Last post to you guys, I can see where you are coming from. More people who would rather insult and play computer games than help out or do something meaningfull.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Actually, how did you know that's what I did? (I only do it with a signed court order by a Judge though)

In ref to the private message maybe you should re-read the Tidalfish T.O.S. http://www.tidalfish.com/tos/

As I said before - you sir are quite professional.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Save your breath C-Hawk18. This guy is a real gem. Because of his “Professional” behavior he’s been kick out of the better fishing holes in our fair state and his “embellishments” are legendary.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Knot Working - I guess you know Steve. I know it may be a waste of breathe but I like to expose "embellishment" like this.

If you notice he already edited his post where he called Ken Penrod a liar, and me a jerk.

He also added some "picture" proof to his initial post. Some even commented about such large fish from tidal water. Those are some nice fish. After the comment about the nice fish I went back to the pictures and felt as though I had seen some of the pics before. Then I remembered where I saw them....

http://www.skguideservice.com/gallery/S-K-Guide-Service-Owners-and-Staff/Steve_Lake_Como_2

http://www.skguideservice.com/gallery/S-K-Guide-Service-Owners-and-Staff/pic034_001

It seems as though on his website he makes mention of catching them at Lake Como?

I wonder which statement of where they were caught is the "accurate report"?

Oh well maybe he was "tired" when he edited the post and added the wrong pics.

Real Professional - don't you think?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There are troublemakers everywhere these days and we just will write you off as one more in a crowd of many. Tight Lines and God Bless.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Mr SKguides,

You can write me off but do you have any explaination for the pics in your post showing up on your website with a different time and location?

By posting them along with your text were you not giving the implication that they went together?

Seems to me you bring about your own trouble - you started it - no one else.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think the truth is in the pudding. After viewing the pictures on the S&K website, he is clearly a liar. The funny thing is C-hawk was giving you more weight than you gave yourself credit for. And then you had to go and start calling him a jerk, which in turn made him, do a little digging and he just happened to dig up the fact that those are not Potomac bass. It doesn't say much for your guide service, if you have to lie to get people out on the water. I think that is considered FALSE advertisement!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Chugger there are some really big bass within a couple miles of pohick bay. There is a dredged channel where the coast guard kept a big boat that held catchable fish year round, and we rode out many t-storms aboard that ship (pre-9-11) of course. I Launched belle-haven a couple times in the last week and there is alot of grass growing which will mean one heck of a topwater bite on a flyrod. You have to use a stout weedguard 50-60lb test to keep from sinking hook into the vegetation but it is worth it when they blast threw like a missle. On the thick summer mats I use 80lb test and just bounce on top of mats. Hook up ratio goes down but its fun just to get them to reveal themselves.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Mr SKGuides,

I just wanted to let you know that I got an email back from Ken Penrod today. He informs me that he has tried to call (phone number on your website) but gets no answer. He has tried to email (your website email contact) but the mail is not deliverable.

I think he wants to talk to you about your comments.
Do you have any contact information that I can pass on to him?

Thanks - And have a great day

1 - 20 of 22 Posts